IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

paulsol9 Wrote:hi chris,

i have a question regarding this card ithat puzzle's me
sorry chris i copied the wrong photo. here it isScan10124-1.jpg picture by solomon999_photos

i'm wondering why it's listed as a common card seeing that joe mauer is 2009 al mvp and the best catcher in baseball.
paul

thanks for the reply chris but i'd also like to know why it is not list in the data base.
my link www.freewebs.com/solomon999 then go to photobucket

[Image: yankeecopy.jpg]

Raylon Wrote:Can you add complete sets alone to "My Organizer"?

If so, how?

At the start of this thread, I noted that it's not for website questions. I can't answer that for you. (I don't use that part much.) Sorry.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

paulsol9 Wrote:thanks for the reply chris but i also want to know why it is'nt list in the data base. nowhere to be found in beckett data base. is here a reason for that.

Likely because the database person missed it or because Upper Deck's final checklists didn't include it. (Sorry, as with above, not my area. I don't handle that stuff. Your info was passed along to the person who does.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Did Juan Marichal sign all his 2010 Topps Heritage Real One autos in red ink? All i have seen are red with no number. Have not seen any blue ink ones.

Hi, I have been working on the 2000 SPX Winning Materials Update set since 2000 and have reason to believe that the Nomar/ARod/Jeter memorabilia card from this set does not exist. I have never seen one, none have been graded, and everyone who has these cards has never seen one. It is also not listed as a short print so I believe I would have come across one in ten years. However, I do believe the serial numbered parallel does exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

blizzard99 Wrote:Did Juan Marichal sign all his 2010 Topps Heritage Real One autos in red ink? All i have seen are red with no number. Have not seen any blue ink ones.

Yes, they are all red. Topps confirmed that this week.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Chris, thanks for taking the time to answer some of these questions.  Mine has to do with the checklists used for pricing.  There are two sets which have pricing for cards that don't exist: 2007 Allen & Ginter Black Mini and 2008 Stadium Club Un-numbered (retail) 1st Day Issue.  For the 2007 A&G Black Mini's, each card was made with either a number or a no-number, but not both.  Beckett continues to list pricing for each card in both versions (with the no-number being higher for some reason.)  For the 2008 Stadium Club 1st Day Issues, again each card has one 1st Day Issue, either numbered (hobby only) or un-numbered (retail only).  Basically, if the base card is numbered, the 1st Day Issue will be un-numbered and included in retail packs.  If the base card was un-numbered, the 1st Day Issue was numbered to 599 and included in hobby packs.  Beckett pricing got it right for the hobby 1st Day Issues but continues to list cards in the un-numbered pricing that don't exist.  Will this ever be fixed?
Also, the picture in my profile has been sent to Rich Klein in the past to show that the '03 Donruss Classics Significant Signatures S. Stewart card is numbered to 8, not 25 as listed.
Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Dale

I have a question,

2003-2004 Ultra Basketball Lebron James RC

I have one that is not the L13, or at least I don't think it is, yet the only ones listed in the OPG are the L13, the Gold L13 and the Platinum L13.

Is the regular RC missing? Or are all the RC's the L13's?

Thanks
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

zelman7 Wrote:Chris,$0$0$0$0I was looking around the internet about possibly purchasing a box of 2001 Bowman Chrome, but have also seen that there was a deadline (June 30, 2003) to redeem certain inserted cards (i.e. Albert Pujols Rookie Auto). So my questions are: Is there still a way to redeem a special insert if one is to be found in a pack? What does Topps/Bowman do if a redemption card is sent in past the redemption deadline? And what happens to all those non-redeemed cards of theirs if they don't honor the redemption past the deadline? $0$0$0$0$0If there isn't a way to redeem an insert, then what is the point in paying over $600 for a box when the very best cards can't be had?$0$0$0$0$0Thanks for your help and time.$0$0$0$0$0Jeff$0

Funny thing is that if you do get the Pujols REDEMPTION, that card will sell for some nice money.

Theres totally zero reason to buy these boxes, even at $100 because you only get several SP rookies a box and the autos are (If I remember correctly) every 7 or 8 boxes. Might as well as buy the top 3 cards for a little over $100.

Sounds like you have the Lebron inserted with his Cavs *** die cast.