`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Show Off 1997-98 Precious Metal Gem Green/Red/Universe Metal

Show Off 1997-98 Precious Metal Gem Green/Red/Universe Metal
I would imagine it would have been very challenging to collect cards from another country, especially before sites like eBay. Even still it must be a hassle to wait for mail and things like that.

I wasn't sure if you were including Stackhouse in that group when you mentioned "minor" players. I mean, the guy has been in the league 14 years, was an All-Star and played in the Finals. I think that makes him a lot better than someone like Kwame Brown. As far as how Beckett sets prices for things, who really knows? They always used to say there were many factors that determined the price. I think my favorite one was "hobby potential". What a joke that is! Once you realize that new players and products are the lifeblood of any price guide, it becomes clear that it is always in their best interest to hype them. If you pay attention to the message boards in here, it is still the same. Right now there are three or four RC's everyone wants, but in a couple of years that number will be down to only one or two it happens every year.

Anyone who has collected for awhile can remember the dreaded "down arrows" that would appear in the guide listings and lower the value of an entire set or player collection. I think there is a certain value for each set or player in a given year and for them to raise one higher, they have to bring other ones lower. Of course, some years are better for RC's than others, so those will always be somewhat more valuable (an example would be 95-96 with Stack and Garnett vs. 96-97 with Kobe and Iverson).

Ok, here is the link to my photobucket album
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww220/PinballDude/Stackhouse%20Cards/

I hope it works!

The cards are separated by year and there are both front and back scans. If there are any you want a closer look at, let me know and I will take a digital photo for you with better quality

RE: Show Off 1997-98 Precious Metal Gem Green/Red/Universe Metal
I'll contribute to the thread.

1997-98 Metal Universe PRECIOUS METAL GEMS Ruby Michael Jordan Serial #'d 32/90

[Image: 1997-98MetalUniversePRECIOUSMETALGEMSMic...0Front.jpg]

[Image: 1997-98MetalUniversePRECIOUSMETALGEMSMic...90Rear.jpg]

1998-99 Metal Universe PRECIOUS METAL GEMS Michael Jordan Serial #'d 9/50

[Image: 1998-99MetalPRECIOUSMETALGEMSMichaelJord...0Front.jpg]

[Image: 1998-99MetalPRECIOUSMETALGEMSMichaelJordan9of50Rear.jpg]

I dont have any but if anyone has the Clarence Weatherspoon PMG I would be interested Big Grin
Collecting Clarence Weatherspoon

Sick mjs!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Super sweet MJ's and Kudo's to all collecting these cards the prices being paid are just insane but they sure are nice lookingSmile

Thanks guys!

I received an overwhelming amount of interest and offers for the 1997-98 PMG Ruby Jordan. Several offers from $13k-$15k and the highest being $16k so far. Still blows my mind how high these rare Jordan's can sell for.

PMG's have certainly been established as the ultimate Parallel Inserts.