`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

although  i dont think this will matter much, Ill throw in my cards i have that i cant find in the OPG's.

Card fronts.
[Image: th_IMAGE0005.jpg]

Card backs.
[Image: th_IMAGE0038.jpg]

Top row left.
The card is a 97collectors Edge p150 According to the OPG these are supposed to be die cut as you can see this one is not.

Top row middle, Top row right, And Middle row left
are all preview of the 98Collectors Edge Masters. All but say preview.

Middle row middle
Card is dated from Upper deck collectibles  i the top right it says play makers And is Numbered on the back JR-2002.

Middle row left
Is not dated but talks about the season so it must be a Action packed, It is Numbered SL2.

And the bottom card
Is a flip book kind of thing,  On the inside flap it says series0001 but the copyright date is2002. I found a baseball set listed for these Flipp cards. But nothing for football...

I have a few others, But these are the main ones. I will scan them later. If this threads proves to do anything. Nothing against the person who started the thread, BUT most of these cards have been around for years.......... and they have been deleted or not kept in the registry for some reason or another. 

nittany13 Wrote:1997Pinnacle Team Pinnacle insert set:
[Image: scan0035.jpg]

[Image: scan0034.jpg]
There is a Mirrors parallel to this insert set which IS listed on the online registry, however there is only one listing for the base insert set. As can be seen above the base insert set comes in two versions and not just one, the front side is foil while the back is not while on the other version the back is foil while the front is not.

These along with i forgot what year of the Pinnacle team pinnacles i think) at one time they listed the Team Pinnacles as there being two versions like these here Each side had a Dufex side for each side. But they no longer list those either...

Thanks to becketts new format of the forums i found this thread i found interesting.

Maybe we can get some more posts Big Grin

Good Thread

The 2009 Press Pass SE Retail cards, none are in OPG. I've got a nice Beanie Wells # RE-5 can't find it.
[Image: scan0002-1.jpg]
I collect Bears,Titans,Cubs,Predators Less than 15 completed trades,
you send first. Min trade value $20
David Price,Sandberg,Ron Santo, Jim McMahon

*UPDATE - All 12 parallels are now OPG listed for all 36 cards in this insert set.

I must say that I am shocked to find a thread that I created months ago bumped to the front page. Actually I am glad you did it TLJR because I have a good number of other submissions that I never got around to adding, thanks. I even decided to edit some of my previous posts from this thread.

Let me add a couple others today.

If you type in "1997 Playoff Contenders Pennants" to the Beckett registry the base "1997 Playoff Contenders Pennants" and the parallel "1997 Playoff Contenders Pennants Blue" will appear. The Blue parallel has blue foil on the edges of the cards. Although the registry claims that only two versions exist there are actually 12(!) different versions as there are 6 different colors of felt for the base and blue. Below are scans from my own personal collection that elucidate and almost fully prove my point:
[Image: scan0029.jpg]
[Image: scan0028.jpg]
The only one that I do not have is the blue foil-purple felt and I have no reason to believe that it doesn't exist.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Well ot sure if this is what your talking about, but its from 2008 SP Rookie Edition, and for some reason the OPG just skips it, its card #173 SP Rookie Edition Autographs Geno Hayes 93

[Image: scan0004.jpg]
[Image: PManningBanner.jpg]

*UPDATE - All 9 versions are now OPG listed for all 100 cards in the set. One version of the 1/1 Proof set is also listed, although I believe 8 1/1 Proof Sets exist in all and all 8 of those should be listed as well.

Let's step one year ahead to the "1998 Playoff Contenders Pennants". The online registry acknowledges the base, Red, Gold #d to 98, and Registered Exchange (#d to 51 I think). In the photo below the Red is on the bottom left while the Gold is on the bottom right. The other 6 shown are 6 different versions of the base card, but the registry only acknowledges 1.

The Registered Exchange, which is impossible to decipher if one of those is actually featured in the photo, is a little more complicated to explain. Simply collectors were allowed to send in their completed pennant sets into Playoff at the time and the company would then in turn would stamp them each with a Registered Exchange number, hence 51 Registered Exchange parallel sets. The problem lies with the fact that nobody knows how many of each of these eight versions of cards were stamped since collectors were allowed to send in a mix and match concerning the colors.

[Image: enispennants.jpg]

nittany13 Wrote:[Image: bcde_11.jpg]

I have this Favre. I got it as a freebie just a couple days ago.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

*UPDATE - The (/5) National parallel cards are now OPG listed for every 2002 DPS set, including the inserts (as far as I know). However they are not tagged correctly because they will not appear individually under the downloaded player checklist from the OPG.
The 2003 Score Final Score Atlantic City (1/1) parallel is now OPG listed, but that is the only 2003 example so far.

I started a thread about these specific cards back in March but I cannot readily find it right now.

These were distributed at the 2002 National by Donruss/Playoff/Score (DPS) and are identical to the set releases from that year with the exception to the embossed stamp and the serial # to 5 which should be easily evident in the pictures. You can see these are from examples from the Playoff Prestige, Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes, Donruss Elite, and (oddly) Donruss Elite Aspirations. Thanks to Mo Tax Man I now also know that there is a Score version as well.

Personally I do not know if all the cards from these sets were even included in these parallel sets to begin with or if there are additional DPS sets that I do not know about that exist in this parallel form. That part I find confusing.
[Image: scan0039.jpg][Image: scan0040.jpg]

To complicate matters even further apparently some of the inserts from these sets were embossed/serial#d as well:
[Image: BWRrstg2kKGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BKWpFqT.jpg][Image: BWRrT1BGkKGrHgoH-EYEjlLl2qfnBKWpD2V.jpg]

2003 Atlantic City National Promos 1/1

At the National show in Atlantic City the following year Donruss/Playoff/Score released another promo set, coincidentally that one is listed on the OPG (also #d to 5). However there is at least one parallel for each of those four base sets listed, all of which are 1/1 and I believe that these were not made just for the rookie cards either (Wayne Chrebet example).
As shown there is:
Playoff Prestige Xtra Points Green
[Image: BfLW8KQCGkKGrHqQH-EErfSsBV1MBLLqE8G.jpg][Image: BfLWMBWkKGrHqYH-CYErgL0g66BLLqODwH_.jpg]
Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes
[Image: BgUdzwCGkKGrHqIH-D4EsLIKYHehBLEy8o2.jpg][Image: BgUd12kKGrHqQH-DwEsMLu09G1BLEy8vPKQ.jpg]
[Image: Bb80wOwBmkKGrHqYH-C4EquiQBtyRBKyU-b.jpg][Image: Bb80ypwmkKGrHqEH-CsEqtfb7C4BKyU-lWs.jpg]
Score Final Score
[Image: BfLJg2kKGrHqMH-CEErvIme3bBLLqug9DQ_.jpg][Image: BfLMFBmkKGrHqIH-CgEreH6ihqSBLLq19EQ.jpg]
Donruss Elite Status
[Image: BfwWdWwBWkKGrHqEH-CcErfFL9T3CBLCfj8.jpg][Image: BfwWfpgWkKGrHqEH-D0ErfBGNw7-BLCfjin.jpg]

Speaking of the National these cards shown below were distributed there months ago. These were buybacks that were autographed and serial #d to 20. These are NOT to be confused with the Score buybacks from 2002 (which is the exact same card) that are also autographed but #d to 100.

A number of other Panini parallels were also distributed at the National this year. I do not know the entire checklist of Panini National giveaways but there is still a whole mess of them listed on eBay.

[Image: kc09scorered20back.jpg][Image: BgsklwCGkKGrHgoH-D8EjlLlcYWBKcnsLC1.jpg]