`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

There are a number of 1997 Highland Mint Mint-Cards Pinnacle/Score/UD already listed on the online Beckett registry, however there are two omissions. Both are Pinnacle Kerry Collins Bronze and Silver replicas. The first two photos feature two different examples of the silver version (#150m) while the other two photos feature the package of the bronze version (#1,000m) (shown for documentation purposes).
[Image: 12614325371.jpg]
[Image: df97_1.jpg][Image: 4488_1.jpg]
[Image: scan0055.jpg][Image: scan0054.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

*UPDATE - The two cards shown are now OPG listed, although the OPG does not list the Showtime one as a Holofoil and it should be classified as such. The parallel sets noted below are not yet OPG listed.

Earlier Collector's Edge Sample Cards:
1997 #7 Excalibur Crusaders Promo
1998 #5 Collector's Edge Advantage Showtime Holofoil Promo
[Image: scan0038.jpg]

[Image: scan0037.jpg]
I have seen preview cards made for the 1999CE Advantage Galvanized and CE Supreme Galvanized sets in addition to the 2000 CE T3 HoloRed sets. Samples were made for each card for the two listed 1999 sets (every single card in the set except for the short printed rookies) but I cannot confirm what fraction of cards it is for the specific mentioned 2000 set.

1996 Collector's Edge President's Reserve Running Mates (CS prefix)

The parallel in question is a third variation if also including the registry listed jumbos. Shown below on the bottom are the standard size Silvers (#2000) and the Golds (#100 or #10 depending) just to make it clear what I am referring to.

The variations I am referring to have a "CS", which I assume stands for complete set, in front of the serial number on the back of the card. In this parallel I believe all the Silvers are numbered to #CS500 while the Golds are numbered to #CS15.

The Air Force One insert set, which is a different insert set from the same President's Reserve set, had a similar parallel numbered to #CS300. Coincidentally that set IS listed on the online Beckett registry while the ones in question are not.
[Image: BbhI7IWkKGrHqEOKj8Eq3IsH3SBKwh0kFvw.jpg][Image: Bdu58FwCGkKGrHqEOKisEq4LZ-27RBK6-1.jpg][Image: BdvDz2kKGrHqUH-DMErCLKcNBK6MuQdoWw_.jpg]
[Image: dec20-31.jpg][Image: c12d_11.jpg]

*UPDATE - Both cards noted below are now OPG listed.

Donruss/Leaf made a several Kerry Collins samples of inserts earlier in his career. Only one of which IS currently listed in the Beckett registry: 1997 #12 Donruss Elite (I have the Gold version and I have no idea if a Silver one exists, I will assume no until I find one).

A second one is a 1996 #6 Leaf Gold Leaf Stars, I do not own that one but I have seen it out there.

One that I do have is the 1996 #4 Leaf American All-Stars Gold Team:
[Image: scan0027.jpg][Image: scan0026.jpg]

*UPDATE - The 1995 Score Promo is now OPG listed, although I since learned that promos exist for a number of other cards in the set as well, perhaps all? All three 1996 Select Certified Promos are also now OPG listed. Promos for all the cards from all three 1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Red, Blue and Gold sets are now OPG listed. The Changing Stripes Sample card is now OPG listed.

Now for a few Score/Pinnacle promos that are not listed in the Beckett registry:
1995 #256 Score
[Image: scan0031.jpg]
1996 #17 Select Certified: the Mirror Red parallel of this player IS listed in the online registry, the Base card and the Red parallel however are not:
[Image: scan0033.jpg][Image: scan0032.jpg]
1997 #5 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Kerry Collins: parallels exist for all three Red, Blue and Gold versions of that card, although I do not have any to show. Promos for the Gold versions also exist for #37 Natrone Means and #96 O.J. McDuffie (forgive me jaderock for using one of your listing photos). Promos of other cards from the set also exist but I do not know which ones.
[Image: 7f19_11.jpg]

There is also at least one sample from the 2002 Score Changing Stripes insert set:
[Image: BsFYmwBGkKGrHgoH-DoEjlLluCsSBKdkWes.jpg][Image: BsFYNB2kKGrHgoH-C0EjlLltdzBKdkWc6fI.jpg]

*UPDATE - The 1/1 Metal Die Prizes are now OPG listed. Only one variation of the Extra Points game cards is still OPG listed, although I find it odd that these are listed in the first place.

[Image: 9f36_1.jpg][Image: BfT6RnmkKGrHqUH-CMErgWrpBLv-OnKb_12.jpg]
On the left is an example of the 1997 Action Packed Extra Points cards. There are two versions, one is 10 points while the other is 100 points but only one is listed in the Beckett registry when both individually should be listed for ll the cards in this set.

These cards were meant to be collected and sent in to the company at a certain date. If someone had the most points of a certain player he/she would receive the die-molding (as shown above on the right) of the card the points were for. If that be a case since it was a redemption the prize die-moldings of each card in the set should be individually listed on the online registry too.

*UPDATE - The shown parallel for every card of this insert set are now OPG listed.

1997 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle insert set:
[Image: scan0035.jpg]

[Image: scan0034.jpg]
There is a Mirrors parallel to this insert set which IS listed on the online registry, however there is only one listing for the base insert set. As can be seen above the base insert set comes in two versions and not just one, the front side is foil while the back is not while on the other version the back is foil while the front is not.

Here are 2001 Select Kerry Collins, Randall Cunningham and Vinny Testaverde autos (who knows how many others exist?) which are not listed on the Beckett registry. I have no idea what insert set it came from since it does not seem to fit anywhere (box toppers? redemptions?). These auto cards undeniably look legitimate though.
[Image: 86e4_11.jpg][Image: BP8evw2kKGrHgoH-DwEjlLlzbOWBJ2Qkh8T.jpg]

*UPDATE - The two cards shown below are now OPG listed.

2000 SP Authentic Buy Back Autographs.

There are two Kerry Collins cards listed on the online registry for this insert set: 1996 SP (#32) and 1998 SP (#202). However there are at least two more that need to be accounted for.

1995 SP (#114). This RC version is listed in the 2004 Beckett annual that I own but curiously it is not listed online for whatever reason.
[Image: 1cc5_1.jpg][Image: 1ef9_1.jpg]
1999SP(#605). I learned about the existence of this one only recently.
[Image: 5250_11.jpg]

If memory serves me correctly there is another version numbered to seven that I saw listed many years ago (1997 maybe by process of elimination?). However I do not feel confident enough at this time to confirm its existence.

*UPDATE - The 4 pop cards are now OPG listed for all 10 cards in the set.

1997 Pacific Invincible Pop cards ARE listed but not the game pieces affixed to the back. There are four different pop pieces for each player card in the set. Nothing new here, I just suggest that the game pieces also be listed much like the card supials like for that other Pacific insert set.
[Image: scan0036.jpg]