`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-31-2014, 04:32 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: 2001 Quantum Leaf K-Mart Blasters Edition

scan sucks....but its doesnt have the glitter silver front, instead a plain dull silver.

[Image: DSC02645.jpg]
Just for my own clarity concerning this submission--is there an entire parallel K-mart set without the glitter? So a Mike Alstott is likely out there too?
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(08-07-2014, 08:22 PM)jephthah1 Wrote: Just for my own clarity concerning this submission--is there an entire parallel K-mart set without the glitter? So a Mike Alstott is likely out there too?
I have since been trying to find some of these parallels online myself but I have not found one yet, not that I am necessarily doubting they exist. Perhaps this is just a very rare retail variation.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

1995 Signature Rookies Franchise Rookie Sample Autographs

These Sample Autographs can easily be mistaken for the "1 in 10,000" or "International" ones. The contrast can be seen by what is stamped at the very bottom of the front side of the card.

Currently none of these Sample Autographs are listed in to the OPG, at least to my knowledge. There are ten cards total in this sample set. I found only two from this sample set with autographs so far, Ki-Jana Carter and J.J Stokes with 1,000 and 2,000 cards signed, respectively. Both also have a round Signature Rookies hologram stamp on the front as well.

[Image: KGrHqQOKjoE5bbzvwprBOYcB3lyw_12_zpsb6c27b31.jpg][Image: _5728_zpsa012d1cc.jpg]

I also found a Carter one numbered to 325. I originally showed this one on page 8 of this thread. I believe a Signature Rookies sticker can be found on the back for this one.

[Image: KGrHqEOKiEE0j6vHYUBNfj8oprg_12_zps77eae54e.jpg]

I do not know at this current time if other player autographs exist for this sample set, but I know the ones shown above do. Hopefully the three above will be added to the OPG.

1995 Signature Rookies International Franchise Duo Autographs (just a couple)

The 1995 Signature Rookies International Franchise Duos set contains a 10 card set featuring 2 rookies from that year on the front and back of each card; the autographed version noted above is the parallel set featuring a signature of one of the two players on one side of the card while an authentication sticker is on the other side. The OPG recognizes that 16 of the possible 20 (10 x 2) autographed cards in this small parallel autographed set exists.

18 different players are featured in this set meaning that 2 players are featured twice, Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter. The OPG recognizes that only 1 version exists for each player in this set but that is wrong (one of the Collins shown below belongs to ginge01 - I hope your cool about that if your still out there ginge01, I used his example since mine does not have a serial number):
[Image: Bradyintlfront_zps2eba00e3.jpg][Image: _572_zps2850d7ba.jpg][Image: _5726_zpsda2f680f.jpg][Image: scan0011_zps51a1beb2.jpg]
The players on the backsides of the cards listed above, from top to bottom, are Kyle Brady, Steve McNair, Rashaan Salaam, and Kevin Carter, respectively. So, that means this confirms that there are 18 instead of just 16 parallel autographed cards from this set that exists.

The 2 remaining autographed parallels not listed are those of Warren Sapp and James A. Smith, however I was not able to find either of those so it is perfectly plausible that those 2 never signed any so neither of those should be listed anyway. Now if later either or both are later discovered than that is a different story...

Since I am on this topic I want to run a couple things by the Beckett staff in case anyone is reading this.
1. At least a couple of the print runs are listed incorrectly. The Ki-Jana Carter listing states that only 400 exist, but as can be seen abpve both are numbered to 600. The Kyle Brady reads 242 but every one that I have seen is numbered to 300. These are minor errors that I am not too worried about though.
2. Only one autographed card is listed for each player checklist. In other words, if you take the two versions of the Collins/McNair auto cards for example, the Collins auto is listed underneath the Collins checklist but not the McNair one. Conversely, the McNair auto version is under the McNair checklist but not the Coillins autographed one. Technically both are listed in the OPG anyway, but I think both versions should be listed under the checklist of each player IMHO.

1994 Signature Rookies Tetrad 8x10 Photos

I am going to systematically go through all three years of Signature Rookies autographed 8x10 photos starting with 1994. This set, as with the base set, is multi-sport but I am only going to focus on football.

I do not even think this should be labeled as a set since I can only find one example. Do more exist? I for one was not able to locate any more. The card looks very similar in design to the standard sized base cards in the set. The Trev Alberts shown below is numbered to a 1,000 and it is not currently listed in the OPG.

[Image: _572_zps3f4f3718.jpg]

Hello I'm looking for info on my 2013 Score Inscriptions auto of Adrian Peterson ssp. Any help would be great Thanks.

*Checklist revised 9/20/14

I want to continue this Signature Rookie 8x10 player photo discussion before I present submissions for 1995 and 1996. I feel that I need to clarify information before I go further.

First off, I want to explain how to tell the difference between a typical 1995 and 1996 SR 8x10 photograph, in case anyone is curious, since they look similar.

[Image: KGrHqJpIFCDQeSgsBQjBWMkL60_57_zps818b068e.jpg][Image: KGrHqVrcFHrEdg9kBR9WjWG8b60_57_zps39bc21fd.jpg]

Simply, the name letters are yellow for the 1995s while the 1996 ones are red.

The 1995 and 1996 photos do have several similarities.

Firstly, it seems that some of these 8x10s have both autographed and non-autographed versions of the same player.

Secondly, some of these photos have SR holographic authentication stickers on the front and in more rare cases reportedly, the back. I have seen holograms that are square, round and, in at least in one case, oval in shape. I have seen many examples of different photos of the same player having both square and round shapes of holograms affixed.

Thirdly, I have seen many photos listed online with accompanying COAs and others not, again the same player in some instances. Whether some were intentionally or carelessly issued with COAs and others not by the company, or if the COAs were simply lost by the owner sometimes, is uncertain. Both explanations are plausible and it could also easily be a mixture of both.

As in the case for both years, not all player 8x10 autos have the same unilateral print run denominations either according to the respective COAs.

If anyone by chance from the Beckett staff is reading this, please allow me to offer my suggestions as to the easiest way of cataloging these photos in to the OPG. If it was me I would simply list the examples that I will provide as autographed, non-autographed or provide two listings in both versions are confirmed to exist. The shape of the holograms and the status of the COAs should be ignored as well IMHO. Sticker/hologram variations due not constitute true variations (again IMHO) in most cases, although some will disagree with me there.

Just for my own amusement I compiled a big checklist of these 1995 and 1996 photos, both autographed and not, from online sources. I have done this periodically through the past couple years and have continually added data to the list. All these examples are ones that I can confirm do exist since I personally have seen every single example. I will not state that these checklists are complete however I would argue both are relatively close to it. Additional submissions which are found later could always be added.

I am going to devote this post to the 1995 versions and I will cover the 1996 ones later on.

1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autobilia Autographed Photos (# 3,000m)

In all fairness these are already OPG listed, however there are a few omissions and others listed that I do not think should be. I am only going to be covering football but those of basketball and baseball do exist as well since these photos are multi-sport as with the 1994 set. I will do my best to tackle this now.

In the main standard size multi-sport Tetrad Autobilia set cards 55-70, 75-76, and 80-84 have football players featured.

The four players who are not featured in the main set but have autographed photos produced of them are John Sacca, Zach Wiegert, Rodney Thomas, and Allen Williams. Also, Wiegert and Williams non-autographed versions are out there as well. The photo for Allen Williams has his name misspelled “Alan” on the front which is amusing when you compare it to his signature next to it. These four instances are very similar to the Tetrad Autobilia phone cards, which somewhat loosely parallels the same main set, but not exactly, which I discussed on this thread not too long ago.

[Image: jm4851.jpg]

Conversely I could not find 8x10 photos of 9 players from this set: # 62 Frank Sanders, # 64 Steve Stenstrom, # 67 Bobby Taylor, # 68 Michael Westbrook, # 69 Rashaan Salaam, # 80 Kerry Collins, # 82 Steve McNair, # 83 Errict Rhett (more on him later), and # 84 Eric Zeier. I for one have been looking for Kerry Collins items on and off for 15 years now and I would be in utter shock if a photo of him, autographed or not, exists in this set. I would recommend removing the aforementioned 9 players altogether from the OPG photo checklist until any examples are found (which I doubt will be).

Here is the breakdown of the current checklist of the main 8x10 photo set that look like the example that I previously provided:

# 55 Dave Barr AUTO
# 56 Brandon Bennett AUTO
# 57 Kyle Brady AUTO, NON-AUTO
# 58 Kevin Carter AUTO, NON-AUTO
# 59 Terrell Davis AUTO
# 60 Luther Ellis AUTO, NON-AUTO
# 61 Jack Jackson AUTO
# 63 Ki-Jana Carter NON-AUTO
# 65 James A. Stewart AUTO
# 66 James O. Stewart AUTO
# 70 Ray Zellars AUTO, NON-AUTO
# 75 J.J. Stokes AUTO
# 76 Sherman Williams AUTO
# 81 Joey Galloway AUTO

The OPG states that 3,000 autographed copies exist for each photo, which is seemingly true for the ones that do exist, with the exception of Jack Jackson which is 3,500. This is based on the ones that had accompanying COAs that I know about so there may be others which have more or less than 3,000.

I also want to show you other oddball examples that do not fall in to the category above. All the following have print runs of 3,000 as well, I believe.

[Image: B4HRqUwCWkKGrHqVg0E70qfBYTBMon5IeOQ_12_zpsd3457856.jpg][Image: T2eC16R8E9s4l7bUmBQWdQippDg60_57_zpscb00a3d4.jpg][Image: _572_zps125210a6.jpg][Image: CFQwJ7WkKGrHqUOKiME0ovYhhBNUgDSMKE_121.jpg]

You will notice that the SR logo in the lower left corner looks different from the main set. The Ki-Jana Carter, Craig Newsome and two Rashaan Salaams are the only ones that I have discovered so far that look like this (for football).

Lastly, there is also an Errict Rhett out there which very possibly affiliated from the same Tetrad Autobilia set…or maybe not.

[Image: KGrHqJh4E6GntFnUQBOt-OUCKg60_57_zpsd68438b4.jpg]

This is odd because he is featured in an NFL uniform while all the others are featured in their college ones.

Napoleon Kaufman Lompoc High School Phone card.
[Image: z1_zps3aec7dbb.png]
Phone card was packaged with Tommy Thompson. I do not have clear scan of back of card for year because
I do not want to open package)

1995 Classic NFL Rookies Die-Cuts #18 Silver Sig Series (Sample)
[Image: z4_zps2d19e9eb.png]

1995 Score RC #271 (Promo)
( I believe all players were produced)
[Image: z5_zpsc1ed0e26.png]
MORE Samples
[Image: 95scorepromos_zps694e0e74.png]

1995 SP Prospects RC #17 (National Convention 1 of 1)
(I believe all rookie prospects were stamped. I included others)
[Image: z3_zps7b5f5e2a.png]
MORE Samples
[Image: 95spnationalconvention_zps5e9e32bc.png]

1995 Summit Chase Program Checklist #7
[Image: z6_zps48868bae.png]

1997 Absolute Pennant Autographs #A6 (No Autograph)
(This non auto was also distributed.)
[Image: z2_zpsc269c815.png]
More non Auto Samples
[Image: 97pennants_zps1340b087.jpg]

1997 Upper Deck Mini #29
[Image: udmini_zpsb11f2719.png]
(This card is slightly smaller than a normal card and has the same look as the player's 1996 Upper Deck Card)

1998 Collectors Edge Advantage Memorable Moments #NK-9 (Media Sample)
[Image: z7_zpscd38838f.png]

1998 Collectors Edge Masters #124 Silver (Preview)
(Many other players were produced as preview cards in the silver and gold version)
[Image: z8_zps829f5363.png]
More Samples
[Image: 98masterspreviewcards_zps5ac6d75c.png]

1998 Collectors Edge Odyssey #182 (Hologold) (#ed 150)
(These cards were produced #ed/150 AND #ed/50. Not sure if this was on accident or on purpose. Many other collectors also have both
versions of the hologold cards. To prove it was not a mistake, I took a picture of both versions I have which contain the same
stamped serial number)

2001 Quantum Leaf #135 (Promo)
(I believe all regualr cards in this set were produced as a promo. Hundreds are currently listed on Ebay)
[Image: z9_zpsbf7d5b94.png]
More Samples
[Image: 2001quantumpromos_zps07879939.png]

Here is a list of Napoleon Kaufman cards that were NOT produced that are listed on the online checklist.

1997 Fleer Checklist #447 (Crystal Silver)
1997 Fleer Checklist #447 (Tiffany Blue)
(The last five cards which were the 5 checklist cards in the 97 fleer set were never produced in the silver or blue parrallels.)
(I have seen every cards parrallel in the last 15 years except for the checklist cards. I have had online discussions on your forums
with other super collectors and noone has ever seen them either)

1997 Pinnacle Certified Napoleon Kaufman #46 (Promos)
(The only cards that were produced in this set were Steve Young, Dan Marino, and Emmitt Smith. They were packaged together in a
3 card set. No others were produced in this card style. I have also had details talks online in the forums with other collectors and
no other player has been seen since the products release)
[Image: 97pinnaclecertifiedpromo_zpsf2df5ca0.jpg]
[Image: 1997pinnaclecertifiedpromoemmit_zpsd9f08b9d.jpg]

1999 Collectors Edge Advantage Millennium Collection #115 (Blue)
(I believe the only cards that were produced in the BLUE millennium parrallel for this set were the rookies and checklist cards. Blue
parallels were produced in the millennium collection for the edge 1st place, triumph, fury, odyssey, and supreme but NOT advantage
for NON rookies)

1997 Ultra #137 Brown Backs
(This one I cannot be 100 percent certain was not produced, but I haven't been able to find any collector that has ever seen or heard
of any of these cards.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

I believe the 97 UD mini you scanned is actually a 96 UD mini modeled after the collector's choice release from that year... and that card (at least Marino) is listed in OPG. It's HIGHLY undervalued in the case of the foil cards... you see one a year at most.
As for the 97 Ultra brown backs, it's been discussed quite a bit and I think we're all in agreement that they're complete fiction ... that is, unless someone can show us one Wink
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

If you do not mind cgod26, I would like to comment on your listings from your post. I thank you for taking the time to compile all this. My comments are in caps because I want to more easily differentiate our statements.

Napoleon Kaufman Lompoc High School Phone card.
THESE TWO PHONE CARDS ARE INTERESTING COLLECTIBLES, AND I ASSUME VERY RARE ITEMS AS WELL. I WOULD HAVE THESE LISTED.
1995 Classic NFL Rookies Die-Cuts #18 Silver Sig Series (Sample)
THE PROBLEM WITH INCLUDING THIS ONE IS THAT I AM NOT CERTAIN THAT THIS IS A LEGITIMATE PROMO. I STATE THAT BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN A NUMBER OF THESE EXAMPLES FROM VARIOUS CLASSIC SETS LISTED ONLINE WITH NO SERIAL NUMBER. SUBSEQUENTLY I AM NOW SEEING HAND-WRITTEN SAMPLE CARDS FROM THESE SAME CLASSIC SETS LISTED ONLINE. ARE YOU CERTAIN THAT THE SELLER DID NOT WRITE IN “SAMPLE’ HIM/HERSELF AND THEN SELL IT? IT SEEMS A LITTLE SUSPECT TO ME.
1995 Score RC #271 (Promo) ( I believe all players were produced)
THIS WAS DISCUSSED SOMEWHERE EARLIER IN THIS THREAD MORE THAN ONCE. I ORIGINALLY SCANNED THE KERRY COLLINS ONE ON ONE OF THE FIRST THREAD PAGES, AND THAT ONE HAS SINCE BEEN INCLUDED IN TO THE OPG. SINCE THEN I AM NOW INCLINED TO BELIEVE THAT THESE PROMOTIONAL SCORE CARDS EXIST FOR EVERY CARD OF THIS SET AS WELL.
1995 SP Prospects RC #17 (National Convention 1 of 1)
THESE DO NOT APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN STAMPED BY UPPER DECK, HENCE I WOULD NOT INCLUDE THESE IN THE OPG. THIS IS ONE OF MANY EXAMPLES OUT THERE OF CARDS THAT HAVE BEEN STAMPED BY THE SHOW PROMOTERS WHICH IN TURN ARE PROMOTED AS UNIQUE VALUABLE COLLECTIBLES, BUT THEY ARE NOT. I REMEMBER READING OTHER THREADS ON THIS SITE OF SOMEONE SHOWING A SCAN OF ONE OF THESE TYPES OF 1/1 CARDS BELIEVING THAT THEY PURCHASED SOMETHING VALUABLE, WHICH INDEED IS NOT REALLY TRUE. I JUST HOPE THAT NO ONE IS PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR ANY OF THESE, UNLESS OF COURSE ONE ALREADY KNOWS WHAT THE STORY IS BEHIND ONE OF THESE SPECIALTY STAMPED CARDS GOING IN.
1995 Summit Chase Program Checklist #7
TECHNICALLY THIS CARD IS ALREADY LISTED IN THE OPG AS # 200 FOR THE SUMMIT FOOTBALL CARD SET. IF YOU TYPE IN “1995 SUMMIT FOOTBALL” YOU WILL SEE IT LISTED. HOWEVER THIS IS ONE OF THESE CASES WHERE THE CARD WILL NOT BE LISTED UNDER THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYER CHECKLIST, HENCE THE UNDERSTANDABLE CONFUSION. THERE ARE OTHER EXAMPLES OF THIS ISSUE FOR OTHER CARDS AS WELL AND IN EACH CASE IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. ALL THIS TIME I DID NOT KNOW THAT KYLE BRADY APPEARS ON THIS CHECKLIST CARD FOR REASONS I JUST PROVIDED.
1997 Absolute Pennant Autographs #A6 (No Autograph) (This non auto was also distributed.)
BEFORE LOOKING THIS INFORMATION UP I NEVER KNEW PRIOR THAT 7 OF THESE 200 PENNANTS WERE DISTRIBUTED IN AN AUTOGRAPHED FORM. IF THEY WERE ALSO DISTRIBUTED IN A NON-AUTOGRAPHED FORM THEN THOSE SHOULD ALSO BE LISTED AS WELL. MAYBE JEPHTHAH1 KNOWS ABOUT THIS NON-AUTO EXAMPLE AS WELL SINCE ALSTOTT IS 1 OF THE AFOREMENTIONED 7.

1997 Upper Deck Mini #29
WHAT NO1DOLPHAN TYPED IS WHAT I WOULD HAVE STATED. IT IS LISTED UNDER “1996 UPPER DECK MINI”. THESE ARE MIS-LABELED BECAUSE IT CLEARLY IS A MINI COLLECTOR’S CHOICE CARD. THESE WERE KNOWN AS CARDZILLIONS AND WERE DISTRIBUTED AT A NATIONAL TOY STORE VENDING MACHINE, OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THERE WAS A 1996 AND 1997 SET THAT WERE RELEASED WAY BACK WHEN. I BELIEVE JADEROCK ACTUALLY BROUGHT THESE TO LIGHT IN ONE OF THE EARLIER POSTS IN THIS THREAD. SCAN THROUGH THE EARLIER PAGES OF THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ON THEM.
1998 Collectors Edge Advantage Memorable Moments #NK-9 (Media Sample)
I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THESE SO I CANNOT COMMENT.
1998 Collectors Edge Masters #124 Silver (Preview)
(Many other players were produced as preview cards in the silver and gold version)
THERE ARE A LOT OF CE PREVIEW CARDS OUT THERE FROM VARIOUS SETS, BUT MORE SO FROM THE MASTER SERIES ONES SEEMINGLY. SOME ARE LISTED WHILE OTHERS ARE NOT. THE ONLY CHALLENGE IS DETERMINING WHICH PLAYER CARDS HAVE SAMPLE VARIATIONS – SOME, MOST, ARE ALL FROM A SPECIFIC SET? I AM OF THE BELIEF THAT ANY CARD STAMPED WITH A “PREVIEW”, “SAMPLE”, “PROMO” OR WHATEVER BY THE COMPANY THAT MANUFACTURED THE CARD SHOULD BE LISTED IN THE OPG.
1998 Collectors Edge Odyssey #182 (Hologold) (#ed 150)
THIS IS AN INTERESTING CATCH. THE JURY IS STILL OUT ON HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT THOUGH.
2001 Quantum Leaf #135 (Promo)
(I believe all regualr cards in this set were produced as a promo. Hundreds are currently listed on Ebay)
A LOT OF THESE PROMO VERSION CARDS MANUFACTURED BY DONRUSS/LEAF/PLAYOFF FROM 2000 AND 2001 HAVE INUNDATED THE EBAY PAGES WITHIN THE PAST YEAR. I AND ANOTHER MEMBER DISCUSSED THIS AS WELL ON ONE OF THE RECENT PAGES OF THIS THREAD.

I ALSO NOTICED THAT YOU LISTED SOME ITEMS THAT ARE IN THE OPG THAT YOU QUESTION THE EXISTENCE OF. I ACTUALLY STARTED A SPIN-OFF THREAD ABOUT THIS SOME TIME AGO THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-155...ight=25%2B

YOU WILL FIND THAT I AGREE WITH YOU FOR THE MOST PART.
1997 Fleer Checklist #447 (Crystal Silver)
1997 Fleer Checklist #447 (Tiffany Blue)
I AGREE THAT ALL FIVE CHECKLISTS DO NOT HAVE PARALLELS.
1997 Pinnacle Certified Napoleon Kaufman #46 (Promos)
I ALSO BELIEVE THAT ONLY THREE OF THESE PROMOS EXIST.
1999 Collectors Edge Advantage Millennium Collection #115 (Blue)
THIS ONE IS AN INTERESTING THEORY THAT I NEVER CONSIDERED. I NEED TO LOOK IN TO THIS ONE A LITTLE MORE CLOSELY. I AM NOT IN AGREEMENT YET THOUGH.
1997 Ultra #137 Brown Backs
AGREED.