`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
2008 SPx Platinum (1/1)

*EDIT* 2008 SPx Platinum is indeed listed in the Becket OPG, just not all the numerous variations discussed below. I did not make that clear the first time.

To be fair, I do not know how Beckett could possibly catalogue these in the OPG. Supposedly there are many 1/1s of one card. I wonder how many 1/1s exist for each "1/1".

[Image: Bitfu1CGkKGrHqEH-C0Es80BymBrBLQVZid.jpg][Image: BitftCgBmkKGrHqQH-CoEs-qySIeBLQVZdS.jpg][Image: BitfrKgBGkKGrHqYH-EQEt7T87LIBLQVZKl.jpg][Image: BitfpdwB2kKGrHqQH-CgEs7cWYKPUBLQVZR.jpg][Image: Bitfnhg2kKGrHqMH-EUEs9E6MubBLQVZME2.jpg][Image: Bitfl5gBmkKGrHqIH-EEs9-KeuqtBLQVZG6.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
you can add this one...It is listed in beckett but without a print run. 2004 Limited Player Threads /50. Description says ser# but none is given for the print run.

http://www.beckett.com/search/#term=2004...ds%20elway

[Image: img110_crop.jpg]

I'll have more for you and I'll post later when I gather them up. Hopefully this will work. I've contacted beckett and it seems to me that if they can find it they get back to you real quick but if they can't you are ignored lol, meaning no reply to your emails. Was going to post the valentines but you beat me to it!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(03-11-2012, 04:28 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 2008 SPx Platinum (1/1)
Although these "fact" 1/1s are not individually listed, the card is listed tho. Similar to just like 2004 SP Authentic Game Dated Facts (Baseball).

The bsseball SP Legendary Cut Fabric cards are the same but Beckett list them as the print run (from 5 to 99) even tho they are all individually serail #1/1
(02-14-2012, 11:25 PM)nittany13 Wrote: It has a stamp like the one numbered to 225 shown, however this one is not numbered to anything and has a "Score Board" stamped logo instead of a "Classic". The stamps have other slight variances as well.
Again I am confused as to which specific card set this comes from.
Since Scoreboard and Classics were the same company, the Scoreboard embossed Logo one is from their 1996 (I believe) buyback (in this case, unused backstock) product. They bought Topps, Upper Deck etc to have signed as well and then applied the Scoreboard embossed Logo.

If there wasn't a auto buyback box (can only find PPF vintage box online at the moment), then it was meant for the Home Shopping TV program that Ed West used to sell since Scoreboard was one of their major suppliers. The Collins most likely came with those "worthless (and often generic" card size COAs that came with the package.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Beckett has these listed, but I have never seen one and what's worse is that JadeRock has never seen them either, they supposedly exist but then again, not even Upper Deck knows anything about them...
2003 SP Game Used Edition Formations Four Wide #FBBH #/25
2003 SP Game Used Edition Formations Four Wide Gold #FBBH #/10

I will look through, I know I have some Hasselbeck's that are not in the registry, but here is one I know of for sure----
[Image: 2008UpperDeckPremier5Parallel10.jpg]
2008 Upper Deck Premier "The Premier 5" Parallel G/U Jersey #PR5-HBJTB #'d 04/10
Again, it's Upper Deck, so who knows, but this copy and then the 1/1 parallel (I know who has it) are not listed.

(03-11-2012, 04:28 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 2008 SPx Platinum (1/1)

To be fair, I do not know how Beckett could possibly catalogue these in the OPG. Supposedly there are many 1/1s of one card. I wonder how many 1/1s exist for each "1/1".

[Image: Bitfu1CGkKGrHqEH-C0Es80BymBrBLQVZid.jpg][Image: BitftCgBmkKGrHqQH-CoEs-qySIeBLQVZdS.jpg][Image: BitfrKgBGkKGrHqYH-EQEt7T87LIBLQVZKl.jpg][Image: BitfpdwB2kKGrHqQH-CgEs7cWYKPUBLQVZR.jpg][Image: Bitfnhg2kKGrHqMH-EUEs9E6MubBLQVZME2.jpg][Image: Bitfl5gBmkKGrHqIH-EEs9-KeuqtBLQVZG6.jpg]
TELL ME ABOUT IT! I would love to know an actual count of how many there are! You have 6, NICE! Here are mine:
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinum5TDPassesonRavens.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinum5TDpassesvsgiants.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinum400yardpassinggames.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinum414PassingYards.jpg]

The rest of mine:
Would be really nice to get a registry of how many there are per player...
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinum427PassingYards.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinum2005Passes.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinumCareerCompletionPCT.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinumCareerPassYards.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinumcareerQBpasserrating.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinumSisterInLaw.jpg]
[Image: 2008SPxPlatinumYardsPassingVsCharge.jpg]

(03-14-2012, 04:38 PM)jaderock Wrote: Although these "fact" 1/1s are not individually listed, the card is listed tho. Similar to just like 2004 SP Authentic Game Dated Facts (Baseball)...
YOU ARE RIGHT CONCERNING THE FACT THE PARALLEL SET IS ALREADY LISTED. IN THE INTEREST OF BEING LUCID I ACTUALLY EVEN EDITED MY ORIGINAL POST. I JUST WANTED TO POINT OUT ALL THE NUMEROUS VARIATIONS. ALL THOSE HASSELBECK EXAMPLES (11!) FURTHER REINFORCE MY POINT, THANKS FOR SUBMITTING THOSE ERIC J.

UPPER DECK, OR ANY OF THE CARD COMPANIES FOR THAT MATTER, SHOULD MAKE A "DEFINITIVE" NUMBER OF VARIATIONS, IF THEY FEEL THEY MUST, AND MAKE THAT INFORMATION PUBLIC. I DO NOT THINK COLLECTORS LIKE TO BE KEPT IN THE DARK, I SURE DON'T.

Since Scoreboard and Classics were the same company, the Scoreboard embossed Logo one is from their 1996 (I believe) buyback (in this case, unused backstock) product. They bought Topps, Upper Deck etc to have signed as well and then applied the Scoreboard embossed Logo.

If there wasn't a auto buyback box (can only find PPF vintage box online at the moment), then it was meant for the Home Shopping TV program that Ed West used to sell since Scoreboard was one of their major suppliers. The Collins most likely came with those "worthless (and often generic" card size COAs that came with the package.
I GUESS THAT IS VERY POSSIBLE.

ORIGINALLY I WONDERED WHERE ALL THOSE THICK-GLASS SLABBED AUTO CARDS CAME FROM. I HAVE EXAMPLES POSTED SOMEWHERE OF WHAT I AM REFERRING TO ON AN EARLIER POST ON THIS THREAD.

IF THESE CARDS WERE INDEED OFFERED VIA SHOP AT HOME OR QVC I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THEY SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE OPG ANYWAY. IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN I THINK THOSE 1999 CE ODYSSEY GAMEBALL SWATCHES WERE OFFERED ON ONE OF THE AFOREMENTIONED NETWORKS AND THOSE ARE OPG LISTED. THERE MAY BE OTHER EXAMPLES SOMEWHERE ON THE OPG TOO.

Do the cards we post in this thread ever actually get added to the OPG? The ones I posted back on page 23 have never been added, and it's been nearly nine months. Anyway, for what it's worth, I picked up another one that should be:

1996 Visions Signings Autographs Gold #51 Jonathan Ogden
[Image: Ogden96VisionsSignings.jpg]

First off, to answer your question jimmysmith82 (if you are still out there) you may want to contact Dan Hitt from Beckett and let him know of your discoveries. A number of of the items featured in my earlier posts on this thread have since been added to the OPG subsequent to my contact with him. There are a number of items that I have listed on this thread since which are not in the OPG, however that is due to the fact that I just not have yet got around to sending another e-mail pointing out the new examples.

They have yet to add the 2012 Bowman Blank backs 1/1 to list. Can all be bought from the Topps Vault.
Eddie George Super Collector

i can provide some keyshawn johnson cards that are not listed but exist or some errors made by beckett.

not listed:
2006 Ultimate Collection Stat Patches #KJ /50 Keyshawn Johnson
[Image: 2006%20Ultimate%20Collection%20Stat%20Patch%2050.jpg]

error: this card must be removed from keyshawn list to kevin johnson browns wr
2003 Upper Deck Game Jerseys Duals DGJCJ T.Couch / K.Johnson
2003 Upper Deck Game Jerseys Duals Gold DGJCJ 99 T.Couch / K.Johnson
NFL:
Keyshawn Johnson

"The Supercollector Issue September 2011"

NBA:
Shaquille O'Neal & Predrag Stojakovic Au's, Patches & 1/1

[Image: keyshawnbanner1.jpg]

This one isn't on the list either
[Image: FLane001.jpg]
1999 Topps Collection 2001 National Convention 1/1 #92 Fred Lane
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37