`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

*UPDATED - Neither of these parallel sets are OPG listed yet and quite frankly I am not sure either one exists in the first place.

1994 Pro Mags

According to my 2004 Beckett price guide there is a Super Bowl XXIX parallel for the 1994 Pro Mags set which is not listed on the online registry. Ironically I noticed a while back that the Super Bowl XXIX parallel to the 1994 Pro "Tags" was added in to the online Beckett registry though.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Here is another National giveaway from 1998. This is an autographed 1998 SkyBox Thunder Curtis Enis. The back states "Limited to 5,000" and there is no card number, unlike the base card in the set. There is a Chicago 1998 logo on the top right of the back. There is also a stamp embedded which should be easily discernable in the photo and his name on the front is gold and not green like the normal card.
[Image: 113956126_tp1.jpg][Image: scan0009-1.jpg]

nittany13 Wrote:
OzzieGuillen13 Wrote:On the Litho-Cel, I remember reading a while back that the base card (with funky colored picture) was part of the cel price (see through card). I think it may have been in an old Reader's Write in Beckett. I remember it because I wasn't sure how to price them and it said that you had to have both pieces for it to be considered as one.

If indeed the Litho-Cel card always came with the accompanying "slide-in" card (for lack of a better description) of that same player in the very same pack of cards in question, then that would make perfect sense. If not than I think they should be categorized separately. Currently I do not know if these two pieces were allocated this way in the packs or not.

Thanks for that input Smile.

They were seperate. I think you got one Cel and two or three base cards. I agree that they should be listed apart from one another because they were apart from each other in the packs.
Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!

OzzieGuillen13 Wrote:
nittany13 Wrote:
OzzieGuillen13 Wrote:On the Litho-Cel, I remember reading a while back that the base card (with funky colored picture) was part of the cel price (see through card). I think it may have been in an old Reader's Write in Beckett. I remember it because I wasn't sure how to price them and it said that you had to have both pieces for it to be considered as one.

If indeed the Litho-Cel card always came with the accompanying "slide-in" card (for lack of a better description) of that same player in the very same pack of cards in question, then that would make perfect sense. If not than I think they should be categorized separately. Currently I do not know if these two pieces were allocated this way in the packs or not.

Thanks for that input Smile.

They were seperate. I think you got one Cel and two or three base cards. I agree that they should be listed apart from one another because they were apart from each other in the packs.

I believe you. I also think that the coordinating small and standard sized cards from the Card Supials sets that were also released during this time were not packaged together either. Yet both of those are listed seperately, go figure.

Penn State Schedules

I noticed that the Penn State Schedules from 2000-2005 are listed in the online registry, however there are a ton of others that have been released both prior and subsequently. Unfortunately I do not have a comprehensive list compiled at this time but if I ever do I will enter it in to this post. Here are some examples both from my own collection and others I found online:
[Image: BqoZnwWkKGrHgoOKigEjlLmbZRpBKshKGdN.jpg][Image: BW1ozZg2kKGrHgoH-EEEjlLlLvtBKZSEJf2.jpg][Image: BOIJRugWkKGrHgoOKi8EjlLmZdNYBJtFgMw.jpg]
[Image: 11ea_11.jpg][Image: f285_11.jpg][Image: PennState11.jpg]
[Image: e2b0_11.jpg][Image: cda7_11.jpg][Image: cb8d_11.jpg]
[Image: ca06_11.jpg][Image: 7045_11.jpg][Image: 0f67_11.jpg]
[Image: 485d_11.jpg][Image: 24b8_11.jpg][Image: 3b04_121.jpg]

Various 8x10 team sheets

Not too long ago there was somebody on eBay who was (or maybe still is) selling 8X10 team sheets of various NFL and even college teams. Some are listed in the online registry but I would argue that a good number are not. The ones shown below are not but that just scratches the surface. This seller had a lot more and it is anyone's guess how many more exist out there that are not accounted for.

I could make the argument that these team sheets should be removed from the online registry and future Beckett annuals. I understand that other NFL collectibles that are not cards have a place there but there are so many of these team sheets that it would be virtually impossible to accurately catalogue them. I have even seen variations of player picture locations on the sheets.

[Image: BYruFjgWkKGrHgoH-C8EjlLl3wEGBKi1dmj.jpg]
[Image: BWqVL2kKGrHgoH-DoEjlLlzR4BKTN7Pg-1.jpg]
[Image: BErwogBWkKGrHgoH-EYEjlLly8EBKpwbEWu.jpg]
[Image: BWqLEwBmkKGrHgoH-DwEjlLlzbOWBKTNLjT.jpg]
[Image: BYQP2SgBWkKGrHgoH-CcEjlLl4lRpBKghsC.jpg]

nittany13 Wrote:Various 8x10 team sheets

I could make the argument that these team sheets should be removed from the online registry and future Beckett annuals. I understand that other NFL collectibles that are not cards have a place there but there are so many of these team sheets that it would be virtually impossible to accurately catalogue them. I have even seen variations of player picture locations on the sheets.

Yes that guy had a ton...I bought the 1989 University of Washington Huskies Team AND player photo SETS from him both of which are unlisted.

[Image: team8x10.jpg]

[Image: 1989glossy.jpg]

It would be virtually impossible to list these since the distribution of these are mainly regional (within the school/boosters)

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

A minor one, but not listed

1995 Skybox Impact More Attitude William Floyd #S7 - "More Attitude" is holographic/mirrored vs the Embossed versions.

[Image: floyd.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

jaderock Wrote:A minor one, but not listed

1995 Skybox Impact More Attitude William Floyd #S7 - "More Attitude" is holographic/mirrored vs the Embossed versions.

[Image: floyd.jpg]

Who have thought we would see a "Bar None" card in this thread..  What a FLOP Sad

jaderock Wrote:
nittany13 Wrote:Various 8x10 team sheets

Yes that guy had a ton...I bought the 1989 University of Washington Huskies Team AND player photo SETS from him both of which are unlisted.
It would be virtually impossible to list these since the distribution of these are mainly regional (within the school/boosters)

In response to your latter sentence...exactly! If it's virtually impossible to be able to list them all, or at least most, then I don't think any of those photos should be listed in the first place. It doesn't make sense to list just a fraction of them, in the interest of consistency. Also more importantly, I do not think that these qualify as legitimate collectibles IMHO.