`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
man you have inspired me to get my aikman collection complete
once again awesome stuff

Back in the days of Pinnacle Zenith I pulled a brunell card that was like a film strip or something. I remember I hit it at a show when zenith just came out that year and I guess the film strips were impossible to hit or something the dealer I bought the pack from was freaking out going crazy about how great it was. I ended up getting Montana, Rice, Marino and Elway rookies in trade. Looking back Im so glad I made that trade lol. But I was wondering do you have that film strip card Id like to see it again.

jaderock Wrote:krayzie83 - thanks!
---
Today's addition...

Back in 1998 and 1999 Playoff had several "jersey" card sets that WERE NOT game worn...this is one of them:

1999 Playoff Absolute Team Tandem Jaguars Paw (Screen on).

[Image: 1999absoluteTeamTandemsJerseyPaw.jpg]
ive got a couple from that set, they are nice

thelogik Wrote:All i have to ask is why did you start collecting Brunell?
Eventually I'll have a FAQ section on my website. Here's the LONG version:

I restarted collecting in late 1998 with the discovery of ebay! Initially, like most collectors, I did this as an investment. I started off collecting about 20 players: Favre, Marino, Elway, Rice, Young, Emmitt, Bledsoe, Terrell Davis, Sanders, George, Brunell etc...

Unfortunately, this method was TOO EXPENSIVE to keep up, so I had to downsize my FOCUS in late 1999. I looked over the players at the time and decided to go after one guy. Living in San Francisco, I wanted to do Steve Young, but his stuff was too expensive in my area. My other two choices were Terrell Davis and Mark Brunell. I went with Brunell because he was a southpaw (like Steve Young and MYSELF) and he was having great success in Jacksonville as a leader and as a role model. I felt he was on the brink of becoming the next big thing!!! So the decision was made and I have about 1,000 different cards of his at the end of 1999. I keep track of every new addition up thru 1,600 or so when I lost count. Anyway, during this time (1999-2001), I also re focused my mission from "investment" to "obession." The "obsession" was I wanted any and ALL of his cards but especially the rarer cards. During this period, I built up an amazing collection. Sometime during 2002, I gave up the "obsession" for my "passion." That passion was about enjoying the hobby regardless of "potential" or future outlook of his performance. I just enjoyed collecting his stuff.

ANYWAY, whatever you decide to do...alway collect for the enjoyment of YOURSELF and not anything else.
___
cowboysrgr8 - go for it!!!
___
myseahawks -thanks Smile
___
the1mcjensen - I like the set myself, but I know the "not game used" part put off alot of people.

ecwraven Wrote:Back in the days of Pinnacle Zenith I pulled a brunell card that was like a film strip or something. I remember I hit it at a show when zenith just came out that year and I guess the film strips were impossible to hit or something the dealer I bought the pack from was freaking out going crazy about how great it was. I ended up getting Montana, Rice, Marino and Elway rookies in trade. Looking back Im so glad I made that trade lol. But I was wondering do you have that film strip card Id like to see it again.
Not sure what this is as Zennith did NOT have any "film like" type of cards from 1995-1998 of Brunell, but if you have more info on it that would be great.

The only thing I can think of is the 1999 Leaf Rookies and Stars Slideshow that hade a film slide.

Today's NEW addition:

A previously unknown card...1993 Classic 4 Sports Rookie Printing Plate!!!

[Image: 1993ClassicPlate.jpg]

Today's NEW addition:

A 8"x10" 2001 Jacksonville Jaguars Autograph Team Photo - Autos are:

Tony Boselli, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Kevin Hardy, Kyle Brady, Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor and Renaldo Wynn!!!

[Image: 2001teamphoto.jpg]

cool

Nice going Jaderock. Shame about the deletions, but nice to know the collection keeps growing :d

Hey jaderock,

Awesome Brunell collection and your PC website is one of the best I have seen!!!

Great job...

Take care,
Brad