`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
Cleaning up my Clemens collection and came across this one.

1986 Donruss. I have five copies, four of which have this dot in the card number box. These are all Donruss, none of them are leaf.

[Image: 86clemens.jpg]

Regarding the 1991 UD cards. I just got a lot of 100 that all have a 1992 Hologram...

Does that = fake or are these all a variant?!?

not sure if this is a single card error or if it happens thouh out the set

[Image: scan0007.jpg?t=1210202882]

Notice the team right of the mlb logo.

Anybody have a large lot of these to determine if it affects all of the cards or just a few. Out of the 13 of these cards I have 2 are sunrays, the rest are the suns.

Sorting my Albert Belle cards and came across this one: 1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond with and without the TM next to "electric":

[Image: BelleDiamond.jpg]

Bringing forward - duiiscussion of 1991 topps variation in first post.

jacksoncoupage Wrote:Here is the best scan I could get of the three different (confirmed) 1991 Upper Deck hologram types.

[Image: ocb-holo-vars.jpg]

The top card is the "1990 UD Baseball" hologram type. Behind the "Upper Deck" lettering is a pattern of baseballs.

The middle card is the "1990-91 UD Hockey" hologram type. Behind the "Upper Deck" lettering is a pattern of "90" and crossed hockey sticks.

The bottom card is the "1991 UD Baseball" hologram type. A consistent pattern of 1991 on the holo. This is the most common version and presumably the intended type.

It's possible that another hologram type exists. I remember an ebay seller years ago used to make pairs of the 1991 UD NFL cards and I seem to remember there being a distinct football holo type.

After sorting through 3 3200s of this product, I found just a small sampling of each "error" type with the majority being the appropriate 1991 type.

Another thing of interest is that I found a Jeff Bagwell (Hi #) that has the "1990 UD Baseball" hologram on it. I had previously been under the impression that this was corrected early on in the low series run but it obviously has affected the hi # cards. Whether or not the "1990-91 NHL" version is available on hi # cards remains to be seen.
Hey... I recognize that guy's face. :lol: I don't know if you know/remember me or not, haven't been around much lately, but I am a HUGE collector of Oil Can Boyd. PLMK if you happen to have doubles of those variations of him. ::.drool.::

Here is something I found last night. I was looking through my Vizquel cards for a board member and ran across this one:

[Image: MyersBack.jpg]
Correct Back

[Image: VizquelFront.jpg]
Incorrect Front

According to My Collections card 39 from 2005 Playoff Prestige is Brett Myers and doesn't show any variations they even have the
picture (front and back) showing Brett Myers. Mine obviously is different.

If anyone knows more about this let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

Why would Upper Deck purposely do this to their patches in a 2008 prdouct? Or was it a printing
error?

[Image: JeterMatsuiPatchesErrorSymbol.jpg]

Dazed Wrote:Here is something I found last night. I was looking through my Vizquel cards for a board member and ran across this one:

[Image: MyersBack.jpg]
Correct Back

[Image: VizquelFront.jpg]
Incorrect Front

According to My Collections card 39 from 2005 Playoff Prestige is Brett Myers and doesn't show any variations they even have the
picture (front and back) showing Brett Myers. Mine obviously is different.

If anyone knows more about this let me know.

Thanks,
Dave
Playoff is notorious for this kind of printing error (wrong front/back). Its not necessarily a true variation but rather a printing error... but still widespread enough to be collected by some. Generally an entire or most of an entire box will be wrong back/front cards. Depending on the collector, I'd say most of these kind of printing errors would sell for $0.50 to $5.00 each depending on the player(s) featured.

From personal experience I got almost an entire box of 2003 Playoff Portraits like this and sold all of the "errors" to one collector for an average price of about $1 each.

onionring9 Wrote:
Ohio_Collectibles Wrote:I've been scanning my Ryan collection a year or two a night. Hit the 1989's tonight and thought I would share my Finds

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154A.jpg]
154A INC & *DENOTES

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154B.jpg]
154B INC. & *DENOTES

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154C.jpg]
154C INC. & *DENOTES* (Seems to be the most prolific)

Have not found any 154D INC & *DENOTES*
It does exist. I can verify all four versions with McGwire!
DITTO! I can verify for Ripken as well. All four.