`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
I also found these among my Greenwell's.And unscanned i founf the INC/INC. in the 89-91 Jerry Browne cards i have with at least 2 of each.

[Image: Picture056.jpg]

Since we are talking about variations, do any of you have the 2002 Topps Albert Pujols #160 with the correct photo on the back? I have been looking for one for about 4 years now and have only seen one. I remember Rich Klein doing an article about this in Beckett a few years back.

onionring9 Wrote:
sportscardroyalty Wrote:I have a 1990 Upper Deck Juan Gonzalez that does not have an Upper Deck hologram...has anyone seen anymore of these?
I haven't seen the 90's without a hologram, just the '91's though that doesn't surprise me.
Can it be stated with certainty that all '91s are available without a holo?

KLARNOLD Wrote:Since we are talking about variations, do any of you have the 2002 Topps Albert Pujols #160 with the correct photo on the back? I have been looking for one for about 4 years now and have only seen one. I remember Rich Klein doing an article about this in Beckett a few years back.
Never owned it but I saw it on ebay at least once before a few years back. I think the article mentioned it appearing in a small percentage of one of the different factory set types. Talk about a best-kept-secret variation! Any card that was changed in only a small percentage of factory sets is going to be huge down the line.

jacksoncoupage Wrote:
KLARNOLD Wrote:Since we are talking about variations, do any of you have the 2002 Topps Albert Pujols #160 with the correct photo on the back? I have been looking for one for about 4 years now and have only seen one. I remember Rich Klein doing an article about this in Beckett a few years back.
Never owned it but I saw it on ebay at least once before a few years back. I think the article mentioned it appearing in a small percentage of one of the different factory set types. Talk about a best-kept-secret variation! Any card that was changed in only a small percentage of factory sets is going to be huge down the line.
I have heard from some Beckett members that they pulled some corrected ones from packs. I am guessing that these were distributed in late runs of the blue "Holiday" factory sets.

KLARNOLD Wrote:
jacksoncoupage Wrote:
I have heard from some Beckett members that they pulled some corrected ones from packs. I am guessing that these were distributed in late runs of the blue "Holiday" factory sets.
This sounds about right. I would definately like to own this at some point but the fact that I still can't find the 3 1990 cards in my sig just goes to show how long it can take to find some of this stuff.

jacksoncoupage - Have the D. Gilkeson E/V book? Info to '92 but has alot.

1989 Fleer Error/Variations

B Ripken- Many more than Becket lists. PM/Email me with questions/info

Romine Action/Pose

Trillo Throws Right/Rig...

Boggs Spot/No Spot -------------- ON BACK ON RIGHT SIDE.. After position?

Young sideways S/No S ----------UNDER WORD PITCHER ON FRONT. LIGHT BLUE

Ashby Throws Right/Rig

Vandeberg Throws Left/Lef

Parrish handwritten i in Parrish

Orsulack white Spot on cage/no white spot,actually you can see gray

G. Hernandez 4 variations (red spot on armpit,lighter,Whiteout,not visible)

Heep San Antonio/Lake Hills

Treadway Target /no target -----------------LITE BLUE ABOVE HEAD

Allen Syosset/Saratosa

Moses Phoenix/Tempe

Heath/Brookens switched backs

plus I remember a Henderson spelled Hendersor Unsure if C-List or actual card. Never seen !! Real ???

R Johnson- many different variations of corrections over billboard. 4+

Also heard of a C-List that lists players positions,never seen. real???

Box Bottom cards- White/Gray card stock

1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Collector Wrote:jacksoncoupage - Have the D. Gilkeson E/V book? Info to '92 but has alot.

1989 Fleer Error/Variations

B Ripken- Many more than Becket lists. PM/Email me with questions/info

Romine Action/Pose

Trillo Throws Right/Rig...

Boggs Spot/No Spot -------------- ON BACK ON RIGHT SIDE.. After position?

Young sideways S/No S ----------UNDER WORD PITCHER ON FRONT. LIGHT BLUE

Ashby Throws Right/Rig

Vandeberg Throws Left/Lef

Parrish handwritten i in Parrish

Orsulack white Spot on cage/no white spot,actually you can see gray

G. Hernandez 4 variations (red spot on armpit,lighter,Whiteout,not visible)

Heep San Antonio/Lake Hills

Treadway Target /no target -----------------LITE BLUE ABOVE HEAD

Allen Syosset/Saratosa

Moses Phoenix/Tempe

Heath/Brookens switched backs

plus I remember a Henderson spelled Hendersor Unsure if C-List or actual card. Never seen !! Real ???

R Johnson- many different variations of corrections over billboard. 4+

Also heard of a C-List that lists players positions,never seen. real???

Box Bottom cards- White/Gray card stock
I do, it's a great book but unfortunately just the tip of the iceberg. Many of the varieties I have listed here have come from that source. Gilkeson says that he has them updated through 1997. I need to get ahold of the 1992-1997 updates myself.

EDIT:

The 1989 Randy Johnson card comes in at least 9 different varieties. I have previously sold a 9 card "set" and when placed together are very noticeable. Unfortunately, those intricacies do not always scan well.

I just wanted to say "Congrats" to jacksoncoupage.

This is a great reference. I'll help out if I can.

jacksoncoupage Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:On another note, how far should we take this? Do you think we should post individual errors such as the '91 McGwire All Star that says "Recent Major League Performance" instead of "All Star Performance" that exists with all the *denotes/INC varations, etc or just keep it to mass produced generic errors/variations that span a decent amount of a set?
I was thinking we should steer clear of widely recognized errors and variations. Obviously if someone posts a "is this an error" or "my ____ card has someone else's card on the back" type of question, this would be the place for them to go to get an answer from one of us. As far as listing individual discoveries (or seeking confirmations on variations) this would be one of it's primary functions. Just last month, I discovered that a 1990 Bowman card listed as a UER actually comes in a corrected version and I wanted to share this but there wasn't any place it would fit. Hopefully this thread will serve that purpose. I guess if this thread gets bombarded with generic wrongback/blankfront/missing foil questions, we'll create some kind of FAQ for this thread.

Since there really aren't any sets with andruw in it so far, I do have a few cards that exist, yet don't according to beckett. If you expand this past the specific sets I'll be more than happy to post my variations/ errors.