`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
Any chance the 91 UDs with the 92 UD holos were left over and cut during the 1992 run? Remember Shop at Home was selling crappy 500-card lots of random 1991 UD cards clear into 1995.

Also ... not sure where this plays into the discussion, but I once opened a 1994 UD retail Pack and received ... 1989 UD cards. 8 of the 10 cards were "star rookies," but all commons. Point being that there were some issues with UD cards in the early 90s.

OnionRing9's post abut the 91 UD cards made me go get my "stash" of 91 UD Clemens cards. of my stack of 30, I've got two with the 1990 UD style "baseball" holos, and the rest with the "91" version.

A couple for consideration...

[Image: boydvar.jpg]

At top, 1990 UD. The right is the "shadow variation". Basically, the shadows on the UD and Sox logos as well as the position box are a lot darker. Scanner didn't do that great of a job picking it up but it's most noticeable inside the baseball part of the Sox logo.

On the bottom, 1991 Stadium Club. Left was sold to me as a no foil variation but I would call it an error as it is missing both the foil and the gloss finish. I doubt that this happened across the set but just thought I would mention it.

.robb. - I have an Andre Dawson 1991 Stadium Club like that. I was told it was a proof card...

Thanks
Craig

*If anyone can put together a lot of some of these variations of Andre Dawson shoot me a PM!

.robb. Wrote:On the bottom, 1991 Stadium Club. Left was sold to me as a no foil variation but I would call it an error as it is missing both the foil and the gloss finish. I doubt that this happened across the set but just thought I would mention it.
Those were from the Stadium Club proof set. They were not errors! Here's McGwire's:

[Image: w_1991--tsc--proof.jpg]

Loyalty32 Wrote:.robb. - I have an Andre Dawson 1991 Stadium Club like that. I was told it was a proof card...

Thanks
Craig

*If anyone can put together a lot of some of these variations of Andre Dawson shoot me a PM!
ahhh you beat me. I should probably read all posts before posting. Chances are you beat me to it 90% of the time lol!

onionring9 - I'm not that good! I'll go 60/40 :d Do you know how many proof sets they made?

Thanks
Craig

Loyalty32 Wrote:onionring9 - I'm not that good! I'll go 60/40 :d Do you know how many proof sets they made?

Thanks
Craig
my guess: a lot
honest answer: not a clue

I've got 3 or 4 of the McGwire's and I know I've seen a large quantity of McGwire on ebay. I also know most of the other McGwire collectors have them as well.

I think its safe to assume at least a couple hundred but that is a pure assumption, no facts!

Working a this set and just came across this.....if it's already been posted I apologize.

Back says Sal Fasano and is listed as so in My Collections
[Image: scan.jpg]

Picked up 17 random 1971 Topps checklists at a thrift store today for 10 cents a piece and noticed this variation, which does not appear in the OPG or my 2003 annual.

1971 Topps #161 (coin checklist): Two have light gray backs with green borders, one has a almost shaded green center with a green border.

[Image: 161.jpg]