`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball HoF Tracker

RE: Baseball HoF Tracker
(02-05-2023, 06:06 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I see them being players that get in eventually, but it’ll take a bit with percentages increasing each year.

With that said, I’d put both in right away.  I’ve never understood the “he’s not a first ballot HoFer” stuff of why someone is not a HoFer in year one but is in year 10.
Ive never understood that either, its not like they are increasing stats after thew 1st year...
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(02-06-2023, 12:31 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Ive never understood that either, its not like they are increasing stats after thew 1st year...
One of my friends is a grandson of Danny Murtaugh, former head coach of the Pirates.  When he was up for election to the hall in the Golden Days Era Committee, my friend was involved with a group of people associated with the Pirates to somehow get him elected.  Not sure what that effort entailed and it obviously didn't work.  My guess is there are other influence campaigns behind the votes as well.  Not sure what the groups could offer though.  Season tickets?

(02-06-2023, 01:07 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: One of my friends is a grandson of Danny Murtaugh, former head coach of the Pirates.  When he was up for election to the hall in the Golden Days Era Committee, my friend was involved with a group of people associated with the Pirates to somehow get him elected.  Not sure what that effort entailed and it obviously didn't work.  My guess is there are other influence campaigns behind the votes as well.  Not sure what the groups could offer though.  Season tickets?
Cool story!  My guess is that any campaigns would need to be lead (or at least highly endorsed) by a high level writer/group of writers.  
SUMMARY
Career:

G
2068  W1115 L950  T3  W-L%.540  -  Tough call I guess though Danny did win a WS title and the Pirates were very good for a long time
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-06-2023, 04:09 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Cool story!  My guess is that any campaigns would need to be lead (or at least highly endorsed) by a high level writer/group of writers.  
SUMMARY
Career:

G
2068  W1115 L950  T3  W-L%.540  -  Tough call I guess though Danny did win a WS title and the Pirates were very good for a long time
He actually won two World Series! Reached the division championship a few times as well. Unfortunately my friend never actually got to meet him as Murtaugh died a couple years before he was born. He does have Murtaugh’s last game worn jersey framed and hanging on his wall. My friend’s Mom, Murtaugh’s daughter, has lots of great stories though and they usually get invited to some big Pirates events each year.