`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a huge, HUGE long shot...

This is a huge, HUGE long shot...
I've asked in a few other places already with no luck, but...

Drake Hogestyn, the actor most known for playing John Black on the soap opera Days Of Our Lives, played in the Yankees' minor league system back in the mid/late 70s.

He had one baseball card from that time from the 1977 Fort Lauderdale Yankees Sussman set.

I managed to find the entire set for sale on eBay, but the seller wants $350 for it.  That is too much for me to spend especially considering I don't want the entire set.  I just want the Hogestyn card.  (I messaged the seller and he/she said that they don't have an extra Hogestyn card.)

I want to get it for my mom because she's loved the Yankees since she was about 5 or so and when I was a kid she was really into Days Of Our Lives.

So I'm wondering if anyone here either has the Hogestyn or perhaps knows where I might be able to get it (other than that listing for the complete set on eBay).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: This is a huge, HUGE long shot...
That is, indeed, a very long shot.

But … if there’s one thing I know, I’ve picked up some truly crazy cards here on Beckett that I never thought I would own.

Good luck!

Well, I bit the bullet and bought that full set from eBay.

It was a decent amount more than I wanted to spend, but it is my mom's 80th birthday so hopefully she'll be pleased with it

(01-17-2023, 09:36 PM)hempick Wrote: Well, I bit the bullet and bought that full set from eBay.

It was a decent amount more than I wanted to spend, but it is my mom's 80th birthday so hopefully she'll be pleased with it
Just hope she doesn't fold it in half to put in her handbag.

(01-17-2023, 09:36 PM)hempick Wrote: Well, I bit the bullet and bought that full set from eBay.

Congrats and Enjoy.  I think your mom will be very, very surprised.  Awesome.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Awesome. I'm sure your mom will love it.

Well done. You can always get more money. The surprise and the memory is worth it.

Im sure your mom will be very happy with it. Happy Birthday to her!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Thanks all! Will let you know how it goes after her birthday on February 12th.

(01-25-2023, 11:28 PM)hempick Wrote: Thanks all!  Will let you know how it goes after her birthday on February 12th.
Hey me too! And I would certainly be thrilled with a unique and rare card for MY birthday so I'm sure she will too! LOL
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile