`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
6 Blasters Bowman U - Thrilled! NOW WITH SCAN

RE: 6 Blasters Bowman U - Thrilled!
(05-22-2022, 08:59 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Did you get any Sage Hit High Series yet?
Got these if you are needing them:
USC:
Keaontay Ingram (base)
Drake London (base) & Artistry

Michigan:
Brad Hawkins (base)
Aidan Hutchinson (base)
Yep, I got the base and silver Hutch plus all the USC guys so I called it good on that product.

(05-23-2022, 11:04 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, I got the base and silver Hutch plus all the USC guys so I called it good on that product.
What autos did you get?

(05-23-2022, 04:34 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: What autos did you get?
Not a single one that I recognized, other than Bernhard Raimann, a third round OL out of Central Michigan, LOL

Though on a second pass through I did realize I pulled an Eagle - UDFA signing Reed Blankenship, LOL

Raimann was my best auto by far - all the other guys are seventh round picks, UDFA signings or currently floating in the football stratosphere.

I started a mostly favorable NIL thread in the football forum but one downside of the NIL Era that I can already see is that companies like SAGE, that specialize in cheap autos to begin with, may water down upcoming products even more than usual.

In past years I would Google a guy if I pulled an auto of him and wasn't familiar with him and could be like, "OK, he signed as an UDFA with the Colts" or whatever.

But now, with the NIL guys on top of the transfer portal, I can't even tell where some currently go to school, like one of my other High Series autos, RB Jawon Hamilton - Eastern Michigan? James Madison? Central Florida? - so I don't even know how to track them.

It is definitely a whole new world as it pertains to cards.

The transfer portal is wild. I got one auto from a guy who was listed as Georgia Tech, but the photo obviously showed a Northwestern Uniform (Northwestern having uniforms that are unique enough you can tell what they are) - looking him up, it seems that he was a graduate transfer to Georgia Tech from Northwestern - he is currently with the NFL having signed with the Commies.

I'm not sure why Sage moved away from their niche of offensive linesmen, defensive players, kickers, and punters. It used to be common to get First Round draft picks out of Sage blasters - often offensive linesmen who had few other rookie year autos. Maybe with the "draft pick" products, those guys started signing more with Panini - or maybe they just moved away from it. Or maybe signing a bunch of unheralded FCS/MAC wide receivers and running backs was cheaper.

(05-24-2022, 09:51 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: The transfer portal is wild.  I got one auto from a guy who was listed as Georgia Tech, but the photo obviously showed a Northwestern Uniform (Northwestern having uniforms that are unique enough you can tell what they are) - looking him up, it seems that he was a graduate transfer to Georgia Tech from Northwestern - he is currently with the NFL having signed with the Commies. 

I'm not sure why Sage moved away from their niche of offensive linesmen, defensive players, kickers, and punters.  It used to be common to get First Round draft picks out of Sage blasters - often offensive linesmen who had few other rookie year autos.  Maybe with the "draft pick" products, those guys started signing more with Panini - or maybe they just moved away from it.  Or maybe signing a bunch of unheralded FCS/MAC wide receivers and running backs was cheaper.
It's funny because between SAGE Low and Pro Set, I have pulled three autos of guys that started at USC but finished elsewhere ... but I guess I'll still throw them in the Trojans box, LOL

RE: 6 Blasters Bowman U - Thrilled! NOW WITH SCAN
Bump to top for added scan of the Bowers refractor and Bo Nix auto.

Thanks for looking!

Bought another box this weekend figuring I just gotta get my 2 Aggies. Shut out again. Of the 100 card set, I have 3-5 cards of 26 of them, yet can't get 1 each of my Aggies.

Took care of that. Just ordered 2 of each from Sportlots for $1.71 delivered. Should have just done that from the get go instead of spending $155 on blasters for a stack of cards I don't need. LOL
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(06-06-2022, 08:44 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Bought another box this weekend figuring I just gotta get my 2 Aggies.  Shut out again.  Of the 100 card set, I have 3-5 cards of 26 of them, yet can't get 1 each of my Aggies.

Took care of that.  Just ordered 2 of each from Sportlots for $1.71 delivered.  Should have just done that from the get go instead of spending $155 on blasters for a stack of cards I don't need. LOL
Yep, I’m going to move into singles for a while as well.

If you got any Brock Bowers, JJ McCarthy or Blake Corum parallels or color, let me know.

Thanks man!

(06-07-2022, 01:30 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, I’m going to move into singles for a while as well.

If you got any Brock Bowers, JJ McCarthy or Blake Corum parallels or color, let me know.

Thanks man!
Have a pink Bowers and McCarthy.  Do you have Donruss baseball extras?  If so, I can pm my list (just have numbers right now, so will have to get the names).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(06-07-2022, 06:32 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Have a pink Bowers and McCarthy.  Do you have Donruss baseball extras?  If so, I can pm my list (just have numbers right now, so will have to get the names).
I have a pink Bowers but could use the McCarthy … send me your Donruss list.