Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish I could stop people with "0" feedback buying my eBay stuff

RE: Wish I could stop people with "0" feedback buying my eBay stuff
Understand the frustration for sure....
Problem is..not a registered user and then opens another account under a different email and then bids and leaves..
There is no way of tracking these people anymore than spam emails and calls with different addresses..numbers..

Shill bidding is rampant to be sure, but it usually multiple bids to push the item to the max $$$.

Luckily..most people are still honest and pay promptly..

I am just venting...

I relisted the card and have a bid already with someone with 600+ feedback..

(05-18-2022, 04:42 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: ZERO feedback and bought an auto of Bo Bichette from Donruss and no payment over the last 5 days...of course..never going to pay..just like 20 other times.  Wish there was a way to block people like this..but the problem is..

We all have to start somewhere and there has to be a FIRST..I just have had terrible luck like this over the last year..costing lots of $$ on cards that were "hot"
Yes, not a "hot" card for me and had feedback but I had the same guy buy a card twice and not pay for it.  The second time I sent him a message and asked if he was going to pay this time.  He said yes but ultimately did not.  Listed it a third time and when it sold was praying it wasn't him again.  It wasn't and the card was sold.

Inspirational update ... my Davion Mitchell auto arrived this morning from a seller with no previous feedback ... I got it for 99 cents and he still honored the sale, so I'm going to give him awesome feedback.

Keep the faith!

Awesome!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

There is no way to stop it completely but I limit it by listing all my stuff as Buy It Now or Best Offer with immediate payment required. I price things right around what they have been selling for or slightly higher. More times than not I get offers and can decide who to sell to.

A new thing I've noticed lately is that if a card sells for really cheap, the seller will still assign an "eBay tracking number" so that the computer tells you it's been shipped ... and then they never drop it in the mail.

So after two or three weeks with no updates and no responses to messages, you file a claim with eBay to get your money back.

And then they are free to re-list away.

(10-20-2022, 04:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: A new thing I've noticed lately is that if a card sells for really cheap, the seller will still assign an "eBay tracking number" so that the computer tells you it's been shipped ... and then they never drop it in the mail.

So after two or three weeks with no updates and no responses to messages, you file a claim with eBay to get your money back.

And then they are free to re-list away.
This is why when buying a high end item you have the power to leave bad feedback and ruin their sales trust.