`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Best Pull Ever From a Rite-Aid $5 Mixer!

RE: My Best Pull Ever From a Rite-Aid $5 Mixer!
Do you still have the Kobe? Great pulls from retail mixers!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(03-28-2022, 02:56 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: You know it was a long time ago, when you are saying nice things about Panini.
I mean, they used to be pretty awesome ... back in their debut season of 2009-10 basketball, I pulled a Stephen Curry auto and Curry jersey/50 that I still have for my Warriors PC, 3 Blake Griffin autos, two of which I still have, a Tyreke Evans auto/25 that I still have (HUGE Kings PC add at the time) ...

Not to mention 3 Kobe autos out of various products/years, one of which I still have, two Anthony Davis rookie autos, one of which I still have ... Jason Kidd (retail) and Alonzo Mourning (hobby) autos #d to 10 and 25, respectively, that I still have ...

And all of those hobby pulls came out of boxes priced around $100-125.

And their customer service used to be top-notch, the best example being the Kobe auto in that thread - seven days from pulling the redemption to having it in-hand, despite being expired for more than a year.

It's only in the last few years that they've jacked up the prices and delivered less content on their boxes - $27 for four retail packs of five cards of Chronicles Draft Picks?

$13 shipping for "Rewards" cards?

Give me a break.

But yeah, the Adams auto definitely took me back to a simpler time, when if you got lucky a nice card at a great price was possible.

(03-28-2022, 03:08 PM)jaderock Wrote: Do you still have the Kobe? Great pulls from retail mixers!
Indeed!

(03-28-2022, 02:45 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It's like those guys that get a hit in their only MLB at-bat and retire batting 1.000.
I've met someone whose family member (Father? Brother?) played baseball and literally had one at-bat in the majors, hit a home run, and never saw another MLB at-bat.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(03-28-2022, 03:28 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I've met someone whose family member (Father? Brother?) played baseball and literally had one at-bat in the majors, hit a home run, and never saw another MLB at-bat.
That's awesome, hope he got the ball!

Of course Google can't comprehend when I ask "players who hit home run in only major league at bat" ... they give every other possible combination - first at-bat, last at-bat, first and last at-bat, first pitch, but nothing on what I actually asked for, LOL

I used to not have any issues with Panini as well - I didn't use customer service that much, but the redemptions all came relatively quickly - I don't think I had a single one that ever went past four months until recently - the few times I entered in an expired redemption, I got the card fairly quickly except for the one I entered in during COVID (I just ignored the "request points" and after over a year, I got the original card - since it was a Denard Robinson autograph, the points would have had negative value, so I didn't want those)

(03-28-2022, 03:49 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I used to not have any issues with Panini as well - I didn't use customer service that much, but the redemptions all came relatively quickly - I don't think I had a single one that ever went past four months until recently - the few times I entered in an expired redemption, I got the card fairly quickly except for the one I entered in during COVID (I just ignored the "request points" and after over a year, I got the original card - since it was a Denard Robinson autograph, the points would have had negative value, so I didn't want those)
Yeah, to be fair, they've been pretty spot-on with redemptions in my experience as well.

But the arrogance ("you gotta pay more to see the show" still kills me), lack of customer service, price gouging and "Rewards" program in general are still areas that need vast improvement, and methinks this won't happen before the Fanatics takeover.

It's too bad, they were really good once.