`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddie Freeman to the Dodgers

Freddie Freeman to the Dodgers
I think a part of me died. I have lots of Freeman cards if a dodgers fan is looking to trade. Really after taxes he is making 11 million for one more year.

RE: Freddie Freeman to the Dodgers
Crazy to me that they would move on from him. Similar to how I felt about the Cubs with Rizzo last year. How do you get rid of guys like that?

I feel for Braves fans. Losing a long-time player that not only was good on the field but also so great for the community.

Sports are great but I hate this part of it...team switching.

As far as your collection dilemna, there is no good answer. I most often get rid of guys that trade teams unless I am okay with the next team, but I do not keep guys that go to arch rival teams. I will be highly irritated if Twins ever trade Buxton or Sano because of how many I have of them.

The other thing that bugs me is World Series winners so often clean house the next year rather than trying to win again. Why?! I know money is a factor but they can decide who to pay.

I feel for Braves fans too. As a Red Sox fan, I've been through this feeling A LOT. I watched Boggs leave. I watched Clemens leave. I was almost in tears when Nomar was dealt. In hindsight he never returned to the player he was. Most recently I watched Betts leave. All homegrown stars. All gone.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-17-2022, 07:49 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: The other thing that bugs me is World Series winners so often clean house the next year rather than trying to win again.  
In the this case, Braves made out letting Freeman walk and picking up Olsen in my opinion.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I think I could still collect Freddie if he went pretty much anywhere besides the Dodgers, Yankees and any team in the NL east.

As a longtime Giants/Bonds guy there is no way I would look at that blue (that D word tastes funny)

Lifelong Braves fan, but losing Freeman doesn't really bother me that much. It makes too much sense to move to a player 5 years younger at this point.

I think either Freddie or his agent team played with fire, and got burnt. They didn't think the Braves would actually move on from him if it didn't make sense for the team. Chipper even warned Freddie not to play this game with the Braves.

Bottom line, if Freddie WANTED to finish his career with the Braves then he'd be a Brave right now. It was there for him, and somewhat playing the victim and throwing shade at AA in his press conference was kind of off putting for me. 

He was really good for the Braves, but Hank, Eddie or Chipper he's not.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]