`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It’s Official - The RC Logo Thing Is A Joke

RE: It’s Official - The RC Logo Thing Is A Joke
(02-21-2022, 12:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: No worries ...

Can you clarify - Franco's 2021 Bowman's Best is considered a RC because the base card was produced after he made his debut, which is clear, obvious and not up for opinions and debate - but would the Torkelson from the same base set still be considered a prospect card because he hasn't played in the majors yet?
Yes, Torkelson and all other prospects in the set are RCs.  The RC designation in Beckett does not have to do with when a player played, but rather it being the players first card in a regular set.  This is why Chipper Jones has RCs in 1991, Derek Jeter in 1993, and all of the rookies in 1992 Bowman.  They are part of the regular numbered set and not a prospect set that has a prefix or separate numbering from the regular set.  This is why most of the more recent Bowman cards are not considered RCs, as the sets are separately numbered for prospects (BPxx) and MLB players which don't have the BP prefix.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-21-2022, 01:20 PM)djohn Wrote: Yes, Torkelson and all other prospects in the set are RCs.  The RC designation in Beckett does not have to do with when a player played, but rather it being the players first card in a regular set.  This is why Chipper Jones has RCs in 1991, Derek Jeter in 1993, and all of the rookies in 1992 Bowman.  They are part of the regular numbered set and not a prospect set that has a prefix or separate numbering from the regular set.  This is why most of the more recent Bowman cards are not considered RCs, as the sets are separately numbered for prospects (BPxx) and MLB players which don't have the BP prefix.
That's what I assumed, thanks man.

(02-21-2022, 01:17 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I pay hundreds of dollars annually for a service they barely provide. Until I start getting what I pay for, expect it to continue.
Thanks for the heads up.
(02-21-2022, 02:11 PM)floydtown Wrote: Thanks for the heads up.
The insinuation was you dislike beckett to the point you say things that are not true and when confronted with facts you lash out at the other person or beckett instead of acknowledging maybe you were wrong.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(02-21-2022, 02:16 PM)floydtown Wrote: The insinuation was you dislike beckett to the point you say things that are not true and when confronted with facts you lash out at the other person or beckett instead of acknowledging maybe you were wrong.
OK, slugger, whatever you say.
Kepler

(02-21-2022, 02:19 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: OK, slugger, whatever you say.
My name is Bob not slugger
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

I like Turtles!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-21-2022, 03:39 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I like Turtles!
This is the most reasonable and factual reply in this entire thread, by far.

I also, it must be said, like turtles.

I think they may be the most underrated pet of all.

Not sure if he is referring to Turtle as in The Chocolate one lmfao

lol
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(02-21-2022, 02:34 PM)floydtown Wrote: My name is Bob not slugger
I thought your name was Floyd. What does Floyd pertain to then?

Grand Rapids MI (Floyd Mayweather)?