`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It’s Official - The RC Logo Thing Is A Joke

RE: It’s Official - The RC Logo Thing Is A Joke
(02-21-2022, 12:52 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: And the market/collectors - not Beckett and certainly not rj - are going to dictate what does or doesn't qualify as a rookie card.
It's obvious from your posts today and in the past you have a disdain for beckett. It does get old.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(02-21-2022, 08:00 AM)floydtown Wrote: ^^^^This is the rule and beckett didn't just make it up this year
Bob, to be clear, I agree and I'm not arguing with you ... I don't like the RC/logo rule but am simply trying to explain why the Franco 2022 Topps Series 1 card is not a rookie card. I'm pretty surprised at the vitriol I'm getting because of it, to be honest.

Again, according to the rule which has been around for several years, and hence why I cited situations going a ways back like Bryant (2015) and Guerrero (2019). 

For the record, I am a Tigers fan and was looking forward to the "RCs," with logos, of the Torkelsons and Greenes and other players in the minors and what not, and am not happy that 2021 Bowman's Best may be considered Torkelson's rookie card now.

Speaking of, can you clarify - Franco's 2021 Bowman's Best is considered a RC because the base card was produced after he made his debut, which is clear, obvious and not up for opinions and debate - but would the Torkelson from the same base set still be considered a prospect card because he hasn't played in the majors yet?

I appreciate your patience and help on this.

(02-21-2022, 10:39 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Bob, to be clear, I agree and I'm not arguing with you ... I don't like the RC/logo rule but am simply trying to explain why the Franco 2022 Topps Series 1 card is not a rookie card. I'm pretty surprised at the vitriol I'm getting because of it, to be honest.

Again, according to the rule which has been around for several years, and hence why I cited situations going a ways back like Bryant (2015) and Guerrero (2019). 

For the record, I am a Tigers fan and was looking forward to the "RCs," with logos, of the Torkelsons and Greenes and other players in the minors and what not, and am not happy that 2021 Bowman's Best may be considered Torkelson's rookie card now.

Speaking of, can you clarify - Franco's 2021 Bowman's Best is considered a RC because the base card was produced after he made his debut, which is clear, obvious and not up for opinions and debate - but would the Torkelson from the same base set still be considered a prospect card because he hasn't played in the majors yet?

I appreciate your patience and help on this.
That part wasn't directed at you, I agree with what you said.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Cant believe that this has gotten you all riled up lol. As far as i am concerned, If any RC hasn't been produced yet in that set then it should be considered a true RC. What i found to be wrong was the Rookie Debut cards were considered RC's as well but i am glad they corrected that lol.

(02-21-2022, 11:09 AM)Simpleton Wrote: Cant believe that this has gotten you all riled up lol. As far as i am concerned, If any RC hasn't been produced yet in that set then it should be considered a true RC. What i found to be wrong was the Rookie Debut cards were considered RC's as well but i am glad they corrected that lol.
Pot, meet kettle.

I simply put it out there that it was unfortunate that Topps created this situation, and then was told "GTxxx" among other things, as well as being argued with about the rule, that - again, for at least the fourth time - is not my rule.

My favorite retort was, "it IS a rookie card, RJ doesn't get to dictate that."

Irony much?

In other words ... "It's a rookie card for no other reason than I said so, but RJ doesn't get to say it's not based on the rule that, indeed, says it's not."

LOL, what?

Whatever. They're not rookie cards.

Period, end of subject.

Enjoy your 2022 Franco second year cards, I'm done talking about this.

Dam - need to go looking for Bowman Best refractors - (may have some packs/boxes somewhere). On COMC refractors are $48 and up. Think I was in a coiple of breaks for the Rays - fingers crossed!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-21-2022, 12:05 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Dam - need to go looking for Bowman Best refractors - (may have some packs/boxes somewhere).  On COMC refractors are $48 and up.  Think I was in a coiple of breaks for the Rays - fingers crossed!
Best of luck, Joe ... I'll be picking up a 2021 Bowman's Best Wander Franco rookie card today as well.

(02-21-2022, 10:56 AM)floydtown Wrote: That part wasn't directed at you, I agree with what you said.
No worries ...

Can you clarify - Franco's 2021 Bowman's Best is considered a RC because the base card was produced after he made his debut, which is clear, obvious and not up for opinions and debate - but would the Torkelson from the same base set still be considered a prospect card because he hasn't played in the majors yet?

(02-21-2022, 08:01 AM)floydtown Wrote: It's obvious from your posts today and in the past you have a disdain for beckett. It does get old.
I pay hundreds of dollars annually for a service they barely provide. Until I start getting what I pay for, expect it to continue.
Kepler

(02-21-2022, 11:30 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Pot, meet kettle.

I simply put it out there that it was unfortunate that Topps created this situation, and then was told "GTFOH" among other things, as well as being argued with about the rule, that - again, for at least the fourth time - is not my rule.

My favorite retort was, "it IS a rookie card, RJ doesn't get to dictate that."

Irony much?

In other words ... "It's a rookie card for no other reason than I said so, but RJ doesn't get to say it's not based on the rule that, indeed, says it's not."

LOL, what?

Whatever. They're not rookie cards.

Period, end of subject.

Enjoy your 2022 Franco second year cards, I'm done talking about this.
Buh bye
Kepler