`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanatics Acquisition of Topps - Prices

Fanatics Acquisition of Topps - Prices
What do you all think that the Fanatics acquisition of Topps will mean for prices in the next several years? I’ve heard it could bring a lot of new collectors in. It’s difficult for me to see how they’ll significantly expand the baseball card market . I think what would help baseball are superstar house hold names. For me, it made baseball cool and it was one of the things that got me into collecting. These days, even the World Series gets a little news blurb instead of headlines.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

RE: Fanatics Acquisition of Topps - Prices
The longer this lockout remains, the more damage will be done to baseball which is already suffering for various reasons.

I predict that card prices which are already rediculously high will go even higher. Speculation, Greed, CBA, inflation, Covid are all going to create major problems for baseball and the card collecting community. I hope I'm wrong...
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

(02-05-2022, 09:22 PM)Thanks I corbin21 Wrote: I predict that card prices which are already rediculously high will go even higher. Speculation, Greed, CBA, inflation, Covid are all going to create major problems for baseball and the card collecting community. I hope I'm wrong...
I think a lot of it will come down. Especially for junk wax era ungraded cards. If the quantity available and the price don’t seem like they add up, the price will come down. For example, there are several millions of ‘87 Leaf. The boxes are going for $250+. I believe they’ve dropped $50 and will keep dropping. I don’t believe there will be enough baseball card collectors over the next several years to sustain those prices.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(02-06-2022, 01:18 AM)jhyde77 Wrote: I think a lot of it will come down. Especially for junk wax era ungraded cards. If the quantity available and the price don’t seem like they add up, the price will come down. For example, there are several millions of ‘87 Leaf. The boxes are going for $250+. I believe they’ve dropped $50 and will keep dropping. I don’t believe there will be enough baseball card collectors over the next several years to sustain those prices.
Unfortunately I think there are speculators out there than collectors...
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.