`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News, Bad News - David Ortiz

Good News, Bad News - David Ortiz
I have a 1998 Donruss Press Proofs Silver of David Ortiz and was thrilled to see the current value.

But, then I remembered I had the Gold Press Proof but sold it last year for $25...sigh.

RE: Good News, Bad News - David Ortiz
To make you feel better I traded away a 2011 update hope diamond sn/60 Mike trout for a Jason Hayward rookie auto.

Holy smokes, I only have two David Ortiz cards from 1998 but what a boost!

1998 Topps Inagural Devil Rays took a huge jump!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(02-02-2022, 11:28 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: To make you feel better I traded away a 2011 update hope diamond sn/60 Mike trout for a Jason Hayward rookie auto.
Damn

I need to go back and see what I've got in regards to his cards.  I had started a little PC of his stuff for my son about 8-10 years ago.  Got a few autographed cards, some low serial number cards, GU stuff, whatever looked nice.  Traded for a bunch of base/inserts on this site.

In getting rid of my collection, these were kept separate so I forgot about them until about 1-1 1/2 years ago and went through them.  Some nice looking cards but I have no idea what the "value" is on any of it.

One card that, for whatever reason I vaguely remember trading for on here, was his 1998 Bowman Chrome International Refractor.  I didn't even know those were a thing until I saw it for trade in someone's ORG.  No idea who traded it to me but I never did any big money card trades on here so it couldn't have been all that much at the time.  When I looked at the BV about a year ago it was listed at $25 but a couple had sold on ebay at the same time for about $100-$125.  Looked the other day around his being voted into the HoF and the cards had jumped significantly in regards to final sale price on ebay.  Well, at least the 2-3 I could find.

I might go ahead and sign up for the ORG again just to get these cards in there and the other little PC thing I recently started as well.  I'm sure my son would be interested to see what the Ortiz PC is worth.

(02-02-2022, 11:28 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: To make you feel better I traded away a 2011 update hope diamond sn/60 Mike trout for a Jason Hayward rookie auto.
Ouch. I have a lot of regrets selling cards over the years that I really wish I had back. But that one tops them all.