Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double-exposure card
Photo 
Double-exposure card
Was rummaging through my collection and found an incredible, double-exposed card of Atlanta Braves pitcher Pat Jarvis (Topps, 1968 #134). I searched the Internet sports sites and couldn't find a similar Jarvis card. So, I'm thinking to myself, "Is this error card one-of-a-kind."  And, even more exciting, what could it be worth if it is?

My collection sat dormant for decades, before I got back into it a few months ago. Any thoughts on the card?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Double-exposure card
This is just a printing error and worth as much as someone will give for it..not an error card and is worthless except for a team/player collector looking for odd balls.
Sorry..just a messed up printing..

(01-18-2022, 06:46 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: This is just a printing error and worth as much as someone will give for it..not an error card and is worthless except for a team/player collector looking for odd balls.
Sorry..just a messed up printing..
One of the plates was not lined correctly when printing.

As has been mentioned, this is a printing register error where one or more of the plates is misaligned. Such printing errors were pretty common back then, and although there likely aren't too many just like yours as the problem was probably fixed fairly quickly, these printing errors are generally not considered the same as error cards and usually have no premium on value. In fact, they are usually seen as flawed cards and considered very poor condition. That said, there are certainly some people who collect all types of printing defects, so you might find someone who's willing to pay for it.

If they did that intentionally, they would call it the Ghost Parallel