`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why Do People Do This On Redemptions?

RE: Why Do People Do This On Redemptions?
From online breakers as said above. Haven't ever met anyone who collects used redemption cards, not sure why writing the team on it is a negative.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(01-17-2022, 10:08 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: You two crack me up!   All the things going on in the hobby and de-faced redemptions are a problem...

Do you also have a closet full of empty hobby boxes?  LOL
Matter of fact....yes I do,  I collect them....LOL.  You never know when something at some time may have some value.  How about having an IP Mike Trout auto on a redemption - send it to PSA, get it authenticated and graded.  No different then an autographed baseball.  Was just coming to the help of a fellow member - you were all ganging up on him.  You should all check yourselves. No bullying in the hobby!!!!  LOL
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Hello.

My name is Mark and I collect wrappers. Just one of each.

I know. I have a problem.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(01-18-2022, 08:13 AM)zeprock Wrote: Hello.

hahahaha
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

I mean, you have to scratch it to redeem it anyway. So it's not like it's not defaced anyway.

(01-18-2022, 08:13 AM)zeprock Wrote: Hello.

Ha Ha....don't we all!  Thanks for keeping it light.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

We all know the famous saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure". But, I have watched too many episodes of 'Hoarders'.

(01-15-2022, 12:54 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: But they’re up for bid on eBay as a single card … so not part of a break.

Unless the person that got it in the break then put it up for sale after receiving it from the breaker?

Either way … lame.
Breaks are lame unless you are getting them as a team collector to get cards for that specific team - random breaks are just another form of gambling - and doing breaks to flip is DBN Squared (the original breakers and then the flipper).

When you're right, you're right - and you're right.

(01-18-2022, 09:53 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Breaks are lame unless you are getting them as a team collector to get cards for that specific team - random breaks are just another form of gambling - and doing breaks to flip is DBN Squared (the original breakers and then the flipper).
This guy gets it. And it's cubed when the break isn't televised live (to the breakees).

Maybe some of you had bad experiences with breakers? Online breaks are here to stay, My breaker has a website and a automatic draft system -you set your team preferences in whatever order you want and then it randomizes when that break is full automatically. Breaks are always live and backed up in 2 places to watch later if you can't watch it live. Break spots always fill in the sell time allotted same day.
Panini reps stop by as guest breakers every once in awhile and he does kids breaks and regular breaks at the NSCC. Even has rookies break product live as well at Panini/NFLPA events. Beckett did an article on top 50 breakers in the US awhile back.
FB breaks and especially not live breaks I don't do.
No way I could afford to buy a box of high end product so buying a random spot in a Flawless box or NT is way cheaper. Sell what you don't want to keep or trade away.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired