`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?

RE: What would you do?
I just watched a video where I guy sent like ten expired redemptions and got hooked up by topps. Lots of jumbo packs and a few lower end autos/relics.

(02-01-2022, 06:54 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: I just watched a video where I guy sent like ten expired redemptions and got hooked up by topps. Lots of jumbo packs and a few lower end autos/relics.
I just watched the you tube video. That was amazing. And just think how many expired redemption cards I have thrown away. I guess I am going to keep a lot of them from now on. Thanks for the heads up.
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

(02-01-2022, 05:37 PM)corbin21 Wrote: I think these cards were redemption cards that the packs were never opened and submitted.  I have sealed topps wax boxes going back to 1984 where the packs are still unopened.  Many are Jumbo boxes with posible redemption cards inside them. So all of those would be expired by now and no longer eligble to be redeemed. Just my theory on why I am being offered therse cards.
You do realize the 2018 Archives '93 all star dual card is from 2018 and it is not a 1993 card. it just uses that  style.  1993 topps set did not have auto's in it.

(02-01-2022, 11:13 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: You do realize the 2018 Archives '93 all star dual card is from 2018 and it is not a 1993 card. it just uses that  style.  1993 topps set did not have auto's in it.
While that may be true for this particular card, Topps Archives signature series actually does use a lot of buyback cards, so they DO put autos on 1993 topps cards.

But I think you missed the point of his comment. It was about how the replacement cards were likely unredeemed redemptions and that he probably also has a bunch of unredeemed redemptions sitting in boxes.

(02-02-2022, 07:57 AM)PhoenixRisen Wrote: While that may be true for this particular card, Topps Archives signature series actually does use a lot of buyback cards, so they DO put autos on 1993 topps cards.

But I think you missed the point of his comment. It was about how the replacement cards were likely unredeemed redemptions and that he probably also has a bunch of unredeemed redemptions sitting in boxes.
Thank you I could not have said it any better.  I was not expecting in 2018 to get a dual auto of a 1993 card.  Topps was only going to make a copy of the 1993 card and have Palmer and Robinson sign it. And yes I have thrown away a lot of unredeemed cards because of their expiration dates. Now that I have over 70 unopened topps hobby/jumbo wax boxes, maybe when the day comes and I decide to open many of them. I will be holding on to those expired redemption cards. Thanks for supporting my comments.

(02-01-2022, 10:27 PM)corbin21 Wrote: I just watched the you tube video. That was amazing. And just think how many expired redemption cards I have thrown away. I guess I am going to keep a lot of them from now on. Thanks for the heads up.
Topps doesnt do that very often! They usually tell you to get bent. They must of had several cards from that set laying around.
~ \\ * Collecting Jeff George * // ~

The cards weren’t from the sets the redemption cards were from. You should check out the video on YouTube.

(02-02-2022, 04:28 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: The cards weren’t from the sets the redemption cards were from. You should check out the video on YouTube.
I agree the video made me impressed and shocked with Topps generosity.  Maybe Topps has seen the light and has left the dark side.

(02-02-2022, 05:21 PM)corbin21 Wrote: I agree the video made me impressed and shocked with Topps generosity.  Maybe Topps has seen the light and has left the dark side.
Maybe they heard how Upper Deck is trying to step up its customer service ... a few months back I pulled a damaged low end Alexis Lafreniere insert out of a hockey pack, and they replaced it with a rookie jersey card, pretty crazy.

Sue them for fraud.