`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shortened season possibilty and its effect on card market?

shortened season possibilty and its effect on card market?
What do people think a a possible lack of spring training and shortened season will have on card prices?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/3288...ere-latest

RE: shortened season possibilty and its effect on card market?
People have walked away before..it is never good for the sport or for collectors: no matter who you blame for this.  Across all sports it hurts, but surprisingly it springs back.  Although, I have a couple of people saying that they have not followed after the 1994 lockout..especially since it hurt Tony Gwynn's chance at .400 season.

I hate this crap about $ and sports...how much is enough??

I think that there will really be not much of an impact on card prices - at least for baseball - as we move into the 2022 season. Flagship is scheduled to launch 02/22 followed by the 50+ set releases throughout the rest of the year. We have already been gaughed with the ridiculous prices for boxes/blasters/packs and there should be no increases on that front this year. Topps sale to Fanatics impact probably doesn't impact baseball this year. I also think that individual card prices will be static - some up, some down for the most part on "modern" cards. Vintage overall should see see increases. - Ah, but what do I know..............

Check out the new site - Hobby.Exchange (that's a dot after Hobby). In beta currently, will list for sale items for ebay, COMC, and a bunch of other platforms/sites - non-auction items up for sale. Very cool site that will save ton's of time. I am not sure if Beckett Marketplace is being picked up currently or not. Again, check it out.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I have it on good authority that the likelihood of a shortened season is slim....shortened spring training , yes!
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

(01-12-2022, 06:13 PM)chester2002 Wrote: I have it on good authority that the likelihood of a shortened season is slim....shortened spring training , yes!
Details please.

And I'm someone who likes a full length spring training, also.