Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
individual or complete set??

individual or complete set??
Hi All,

Looking to offload a pretty good sized collection of cards (topps, OPC, Score, Pro-Set, Upper Deck) and had a question in regards to if was better off selling rookie cards on their own or as part of the complete set they are part of.  I  have a number of complete sets of cards from late 70's to early-mid 90's with mint rookies like Mike Bossy, Mario Lemieux, Roy, Sakic, Forsberg, Jagr, Broduer, Sundin and a number of others.  These have all been in plastic for over 20yrs but never had graded. would i be better trying to see as individual cards after getting them graded or better to sell the whole set??  Looking for opinions, thoughts, etc.

thanks,

Sam

RE: individual or complete set??
(01-02-2022, 04:41 PM)samjac1107 Wrote: Hi All,

Looking to offload a pretty good sized collection of cards (topps, OPC, Score, Pro-Set, Upper Deck) and had a question in regards to if was better off selling rookie cards on their own or as part of the complete set they are part of.  I  have a number of complete sets of cards from late 70's to early-mid 90's with mint rookies like Mike Bossy, Mario Lemieux, Roy, Sakic, Forsberg, Jagr, Broduer, Sundin and a number of others.  These have all been in plastic for over 20yrs but never had graded. would i be better trying to see as individual cards after getting them graded or better to sell the whole set??  Looking for opinions, thoughts, etc.

thanks,

Sam

Selling individually will net you the most return the fastest. A lot of those sets aren't worth much past the stars and RCs, especially once you get into the early 90s. So, you will likely get the same amount selling the big names as you will selling the complete sets (you just don't have to throw out the commons).

If you are going down the grading road, you'll want to find a third party submitter to help 'pre-grade' and review what you've got. I don't want to sound rude, but if you aren't familiar with grading, it can be pretty disappointing to see that what you remember as 'Mint' out of a pack in the 80s is really a PSA 6 EX-MT.
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming