`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is sad

This is sad
Man, only 5 news threads here since the beginning of October. Goes to show how the retail sh@rks are ruining the hobby and how we're being smart and just getting the singles we want.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

RE: This is sad
I remember back in the day it was hobby boxes being busted in here! Now we don't even see retail.

Retail is coming back in my area but the DBN lines are still scooping up the higher end stuff ... Prizm and mega boxes and what not.

At least they're leaving behind low end stuff now.

(12-07-2021, 01:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Retail is coming back in my area but the DBN lines are still scooping up the higher end stuff ... Prizm and mega boxes and what not.

At least they're leaving behind low end stuff now.
I still haven't seen any retail football other than a couple of fat packs.  

Even the low end football is still being hunted to extinction here - the last store I checked didn't even have any hockey and the Retail Sharks here generally leave that alone.

Honestly, I barely go to Target or Wal-Mart anymore - and when I do, I've not been buying cards.

(12-07-2021, 02:25 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I still haven't seen any retail football other than a couple of fat packs.  

Even the low end football is still being hunted to extinction here - the last store I checked didn't even have any hockey and the Retail Sharks here generally leave that alone.

Honestly, I barely go to Target or Wal-Mart anymore - and when I do, I've not been buying cards.
They've been leaving Absolute and Prestige fat packs alone for the most part, though no blasters or hangers are to be found, and I will never stand in a DBN line.

When I say "leaving them alone," it's all relative - they are still gone within a day.

But if you get there on the day they're put out you have a decent chance of finding something.

Just not products like Optic or Prizm, or any basketball whatsoever other than the college stuff.

I am not convinced the lack of box breaks on this site is tied to what happened the past 18 months with retail product. I think there are a lot more prospectors and investors than collectors, so buying a box to get tons of base cards is not as appealing to many. Online breaks have become more popular for going after the 'hit' and avoiding all those commons.

Also, I have seen many prior year posts to Box Breaks forum and nobody makes a comment, which I am sure does not promote more posts to come. People would stop making comments on Facebook if nobody responds...right?

I was about to mention this with a thread a couple of days ago. I got some Contenders Draft Picks back in June and Prestige in July. The only football I have seen and bought is Wild Card. Beckett finally got some of the retail cards in the database, but still no pricing.

The only basketball I have seen is Chronicles Draft and there is still a ton of that on the shelf. Have seen plenty of baseball.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(12-07-2021, 07:48 PM)dogger99 Wrote: The only basketball I have seen is Chronicles Draft and there is still a ton of that on the shelf.  Have seen plenty of baseball.
Target has a good amount of these in stock from what I've seen. Been checking the site daily.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

There don't seem to be as many box breaks posted anywhere - at least in football. And at these prices, who can blame people for not buying (or not wanting to admit that they paid $400 with tax for a box of XR or what was it $500 for a box of Origins and got garbage)