`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1991 Upper Deck

1991 Upper Deck
So I was feeling nostalgic, and decided to buy a box of old UD football.  Anyone else buy any of these boxes?  I picked mine up for 37.50 after taxes w/ free shipping.  Hoping this will bring back some good memories and make some new ones with my 4 year old....he likes the "green" ones.

RE: 1991 Upper Deck
(10-07-2021, 08:19 AM)Speak917 Wrote: So I was feeling nostalgic, and decided to buy a box of old UD football.  Anyone else buy any of these boxes?  I picked mine up for 37.50 after taxes w/ free shipping.  Hoping this will bring back some good memories and make some new ones with my 4 year old....he likes the "green" ones.
Awesome!  Did you get a Series 1 (Low) or Series 2 (High) box?  Low series are card numbers 1-500 and includes Montana Heroes, Gamebreakers 1-6, and possible Darrell Green SP1 insert.  High series are card numbers 501-700 and includes Namath Heroes, Gamebreakers 7-9, and a possible Don Shula SP2 insert.

Series 1 also includes possible UD hologram variations where it's either the 1990, 1991, or 1992 version.  1990 only shows "Upper Deck", 1991 has "Upper Deck" and "91" upside down, 1992 has the Upper Deck diamond logo.

High Series.....I figured it would be fun for a cheap break and my 4 year old can get "hands on" experience without me cringing with every handling of the card. LOL.

Ok, so we got the box today and ripped em open. Only real standouts for a $30 box were the Game Breaker Holograms (2ea) of Marion Butts and James Brooks, Star Rookie Brett Favre, (3) Joe Namath Football Heroes, and of course MVP & Base cards of Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Deion Sanders, Troy Aikman, and Bo Jackson.

Overall, this has been the most fun break to date. My son loved it and he learned a lot about card handling. He creased a couple of base cards initially, but then got the hang of it.

Nicely done! What did he think of the hologram cards? I remember being mesmerized by the Denny's Grand Slam baseball holograms. Wally Joyner!!!

He liked them the most I think. Base cards were a little boring for him.