`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sage Aspire

Sage Aspire
20 autographs about $200 - not Panini - you know I'm trying a box.

This set is a bit confusing - it is autograph and there are six versions - three unnumbered and three (silver, gold, and something else) numbered at /25, /10, and /1.  The base version is actually the one I think that looks the best - there is also Red and Bronze unnumbered - who knows what the relative rareness of the different unnumbered versions are.

I can't remember all 20 autographs, but it has a good mix - there are 160ish players in the set so not every auto is going to be a winner.   The cards look very nice - this is Sage's premium set and it shows - I don't think it's as good as Sage Autographed from 2017, but no card set now is as good as 2017 (that was their first high end set)

But I got enough good to make it worth it - including 4 First Round Autographs including a quarterback - all from popular teams -they are:

Trey Lance - the quarterback - San Francisco 
Michal Parsons - Linebacker from Penn State - Dallas
Kadarius Toney - Wide Receiver from Florida - NYG - GOLD /10
Najee Harris - Running Back from Alabama - Pittsburgh 

That's four quite good autos for a $200 box.  And I think those four are sufficient to make me happy and see the rest as bonus - with 20 autographs it has a high floor and odds are you will get something you like.  And as long as you get one of the First Round Quarterbacks you should be happy with the relative value.

Evidentially some of the boxes are "Hot Boxes" that have all First and Second Round Skill Position players - one of those at around $200 would be very much worth it.  But even a regular box seems like a good buy - if for no other reason, because it's not Panini!

RE: Sage Aspire
Nice break! Maybe Sage makes a comeback in the hobby world??? Maaayyyyybeeeee?????

This is the best quantity/quality/value/price ratio I've seen in a while. I would totally get a box, if I was willing to spend $200 on one box.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

Sage's more higher end products are generally pretty good - their regular hobby boxes are more shaky. I suspect that they are probably one of the few products sold at about what the MSRP was - I think that Aspire is pretty close to what it's MSRP is supposed to be at $200 a box.

The LCS near my house never used to stock Sage - he's now getting it to have something relatively afforable. I'm hoping he'll get some Aspire in so I can get another box of it - I'll pay extra to support the local business.

I got a nice Christian McCaffrey from 2017 Sage Autographs - a legitimately nice looking card, autographed, and numbered to 25. Came out of a $20 for two autographs pack.

The one box of Aspire that I ever bought was during the fever pitch of 2006 ... I was trying to get any and all cards of USC legends Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and LenDale White.

My best auto was a Vince Young/25 ... the guy from Texas who beat them in the championship game.

I despised him for beating us but grudgingly had to admit it was a good pull at the time.

Trey Lance is huge out here in the Bay Area, that is an awesome pull.

Right now Beckett is just listing 5.
Base (Bronze)
Blue /1
Gold /10
Green /5
Silver /25

I got one from Ebay (Ausbon) that looks like multicolor (rainbow?) along the top and bottom which isn't listed.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

There are also Red parallels - got several I think the multicolor are the base

(09-08-2021, 08:12 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: There are also Red parallels -  got several I think the multicolor are the base.
If the multicolor is the base, then the bronze isn't listed.  I have both.  So either way, I can't enter one of them into my ORG.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

As per Cardboard Connection:

Base Autograph Set Checklist
144 cards.
PARALLEL CARDS: Red, Bronze, Silver #/25, Gold #/10, Green #/5, Blue 1/1.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2021...ball-cards

It seems like there is some disagreement - obviously we know that Red and the kind of rainbow (which I think are the best looking of the unnumbered cards) that aren't listed - if the Red and the Bronze are parallels, than the rainbow must be base. But I have no idea if this is accurate.

(09-08-2021, 10:03 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: It seems like there is some disagreement - obviously we know that Red and the kind of rainbow (which I think are the best looking of the unnumbered cards) that aren't listed - if the Red and the Bronze are parallels, than the rainbow must be base.  But I have no idea if this is accurate.
Agreed.  Would have helped if Cardboard Connection would have shown the TL rainbow base instead of the Bronze.

So it looks like Beckett is not listing the Red and Bronze yet.