`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4X 2021 Prestige Mega Boxes

4X 2021 Prestige Mega Boxes
Got my shipment from Target - I had only ordered four of these due to worrying that they would be like last year's (which were junk) and not wanting to put too much money in them and not wanting to spend too much - as it turns out, I should have ordered the full allowance of 6 since I probably got 1 card that likely comes close to making the full $260 or so with tax cost of 6 blasters. 

Notable Non-Numbered Parallel

Tom Brady

Notable Inserts

Michal Patterson (I think that is the right name - it was Dallas's first round draft pick) - Rookie Potrait case hit - really nice looking card
Tom Brady - Prestigious Pros
Trevor Lawrence - Postcard (whatever it is called) Parallel /199
Travis Etienne - Postcard (I really like these and I got both of the Clemson guys which is cool since my wife likes Clemson)
Ryan Tannehill - Franchise Favorites - /50

Notable Numbered Cards

Zaven Collins - 7/7
Ben Roethleberger /25
Davante Adams - /50
Steelers Rookie Tight End /99
Travis Etienne /249 (I know he's hurt, but it's a p.c. item)

Notable Rookies

I got all 5 First Round Quarterbacks, Trask, Etienne, the Two Eagles (Gainwell and Smith), and Kene N. for my Iowa State collection - pretty much all of the rookies I want

Autographs

Nico Collins - 3rd Round Wide Receiver for Texans
Tyson Campbell (I think that's the name) - 2nd Round Corner Back  for Jacksonville

Numbered Autograph:

Josh Palmer /10 - Third round Wide Receiver for the Chargers

Passport Autograph:

Justin Fields

The only thing bad here is that the Passport Autographs are no longer on card - which looks especially bad since they are obviously designed to be on card autographs and they cannot even use the COVID created last minute changes to plans excuse like last year since they have issued other on-card autographs.  

Overall, the first box was the best - it had the Fields auto and the Lawrence numbered.  None of the other boxes were real turkeys - obviously they have to be out there - most of the breaks I see are people saying "these are great" and saying "I opened 12 - here are 4 good autos and like 10 good numbered cards I got from them" - so I assume that the vast majority of the boxes are like last year - but with the /10 auto and the Passport auto plus a case hit and an /7 parallel in four boxes, I think I definitely beat the odds.   Maybe the average auto quality is actually up with there only being 1 auto per box there isn't as many filler autos.

RE: 4X 2021 Prestige Mega Boxes
Awesome congrats on the Fields autograph!

(08-27-2021, 09:55 AM)jplarson Wrote: Awesome congrats on the Fields autograph!
I was happy to get it and it's definitely a hold - I'm not sure if Fields will become a star, but he seems to be a really well grounded and should stick around in the NFL for a while as a quality starter - and I think the are going to go with Dalton for a while which will help him (as will having David Montgomery at running back)   

Honestly, the rookie QB I'm most scared of the future for is Lawrence - Jacksonville is reputedly going to be so bad this year that they are actually considering putting Minshew in to protect Lawrence from catestrophic injury (see Burrow last year).

Nice pull with the Fields.

(08-27-2021, 10:22 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I was happy to get it and it's definitely a hold - I'm not sure if Fields will become a star, but he seems to be a really well grounded and should stick around in the NFL for a while as a quality starter - and I think the are going to go with Dalton for a while which will help him (as will having David Montgomery at running back)   

Honestly, the rookie QB I'm most scared of the future for is Lawrence - Jacksonville is reputedly going to be so bad this year that they are actually considering putting Minshew in to protect Lawrence from catestrophic injury (see Burrow last year).
Oh yeah I'm a Bears fan so I've been following the whole time. I'm glad we are starting off with Dalton first though. Our tackle situation is pretty grim at the moment so we'll be vulnerable to edge rushers. Mixing in a good amount of running hopefully should take the aggressiveness off the pass rushers.

excellent break!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]