`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Did You Think of Round 1?

RE: What Did You Think of Round 1?
(05-04-2021, 09:35 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I also remember moaning when Christian Ponder was taken. Kyle Trask was on my radar for the Vikes.
Ponder was DEFINITELY a head scratcher.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(05-04-2021, 08:51 AM)jplarson Wrote: I did but I don't think there's any controversy about that.  Sometimes a guy is too good to allow to drop and the Vikings definitely have a need sooner than later.  I think once Cousins leaves Minnesota he'll begin the next phase of career like Dalton, Flacco, and other former starters who become top backups with starting upside.
You can have Fields.

By all means, keep the OSU quarterbacks away from Carolina. I hardly care if Fields is in Chicago or Minnesota, so long as he's not in Carolina.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

I've made the argument time and again that school affiliation means absolutely nothing for a player's outlook in the pros. I'll die on that hill.

(05-05-2021, 09:39 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: I've made the argument time and again that school affiliation means absolutely nothing for a player's outlook in the pros. I'll die on that hill.
I agree that going to a recognized school does not guarantee success in the NFL, but it does seem to get their foot in the door more easily.

(05-04-2021, 02:39 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: By all means, keep the OSU quarterbacks away from Carolina. I hardly care if Fields is in Chicago or Minnesota, so long as he's not in Carolina.
Texas Tech quarterbacks were not considered to be good NFL material until Patrick Mahomes

(05-05-2021, 09:45 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I agree that going to a recognized school does not guarantee success in the NFL, but it does seem to get their foot in the door more easily.
No I mean that being a player from a school doesn't dictate their success, i.e. OSU quarterbacks. Imagine if the Titans thought, "Oh crap, Derrick Henry is from Alabama and look, Richardson and Lacy are busts at this point, let's pick someone else!"

Would you believe there was a point in 2019 that the college with the most starting quarterbacks in the NFL was NC State?! After Dalton went down, Ryan Finley was starting in Cincinnati, Rivers in LA and Jacoby Brisset in Indy. So is NCSU now QBU?

Last year, once Jalen Hurts took the reigns, Oklahoma had three counting Mayfield and Murray. And they'll likely be the only college with more than one NFL starting QB to begin the 2021 season unless Mac Jones beats out Cam Newton and/or Bridgewater wins the battle in Denver (If Watson somehow starts week one, Clemson will have two counting Lawrence).

Point being, Peyton Manning went to Tennessee. Drew Brees went to Purdue. Tom Brady went to Michigan. Were any of those schools quarterback factories?

(05-06-2021, 02:13 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: Would you believe there was a point in 2019 that the college with the most starting quarterbacks in the NFL was NC State?! After Dalton went down, Ryan Finley was starting in Cincinnati, Rivers in LA and Jacoby Brisset in Indy. So is NCSU now QBU?

Point being, Peyton Manning went to Tennessee. Drew Brees went to Purdue. Tom Brady went to Michigan. Were any of those schools quarterback factories?
re: NC State quarterbacks - you left out Russell Wilson who graduated from NC State after playing three years there  

Purdue produced two Hall of Fame quarterbacks (Bob Griese and Len Dawson) before Brees - looking at Pro Football Reference, they had four other quarterbacks play for more than a decade in the NFL (not counting Jeff George who played there a year before transferring to Illinois) - three Hall of Fame quarterbacks plus four others who played more than a decade in the NFL probably is sufficient to qualify as a QB Factory

(05-07-2021, 09:05 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: re: NC State quarterbacks - you left out Russell Wilson who graduated from NC State after playing three years there  

Purdue produced two Hall of Fame quarterbacks (Bob Griese and Len Dawson) before Brees - looking at Pro Football Reference, they had four other quarterbacks play for more than a decade in the NFL (not counting Jeff George who played there a year before transferring to Illinois) - three Hall of Fame quarterbacks plus four others who played more than a decade in the NFL probably is sufficient to qualify as a QB Factory
Len Dawson graduated from Purdue in 1956, Griese in 1966 and Drew Brees in 2000. Three in 45 years is Hardly a factory.

And I didn't count Wilson since it's not where he finished his career. Tack Hurts onto Alabama, Mayfield onto TTU and Murray onto TAMU if that's the case.

In all reality, if the coaching regime changes at all, then it's not the same "factory".