`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with a bad trade please!!!!

Need help with a bad trade please!!!!
I've attached the below images with all the information on the trade I was sent as an offer. Summary is as follows:

4/17: Trade offer sent to me - with cards that the member was interested in. (40 cards / $166.85)

4/21: I counter back with cards I am interested in. (6 cards / $15.25)

*add comment: "Let me know if we can make these work out. Send me something back on this. Thanks!

4/21: The user accepts the entirety of the trade - 40 cards/$166.85 vs. 6 cards / $15.25).

I am not  going to execute this trade. I was telling the person I was interested in a few cards not the whole trade here - how do I resolve this without looking like more of a jerk than I am for posting it on here? Help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Need help with a bad trade please!!!!
Send the other trader a message through the messaging system to work it out. Just looks like a miscommunication where they didn’t see the note.

The other member should not have accepted.

For future reference, though: don't do that.  An offer (either original offer or counter-offer) should always be a deal YOU would accept (as is).

In your specific case, you could have left the deal with their side heavy and your side as you had it.  That is a "shared" screen; they could have seen it even before you hit the "send counter-offer" button.  They are not notified when you add cards, but they would have been when you left the comment.

I would be leary of this member/trader.  Accepting such a lop-sided counter-offer makes me think they figured you didn't have an OPG subscription and were trying to "pull a fast one" on you.

I read your note and do not understand it, but the trade should not have bern completed without asking questions.

The other trader is a stand-up guy that I have done several transactions with so I think he was also confused. Work it out with him as best as possible without being rude or accusatory.

This member has been on Beckett and on the forums for many years. I think this must have been a miscommunication too although he shouldn't have accepted that counter offer. Perhaps he doesn't have the OPG and doesn't realized the complete value difference although common sense should dictate that it really wasn't close value-wise. He should contact you and try to straighten things out. Maybe he didn't mean to hit "accept" but he should have messaged you that he made a mistake. Good luck. Maybe a mod can help if he doesn't respond.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I agree with all of the above comments. This just seems like a massive amount of miscommunication. As traders with me know, Im probably way too chatty on the trading feature, but I think its absolutely imperative that both parties are on the same page.

Because of a conflict of interest I don't feel I should take a stance on this, other than to say that the other member should have known not to accept this trade. It does look clear in the notes that more was being asked for from them, and all experienced members know to check and discuss within the comments. This will be addressed by another Moderator when they can get to it.

Randi