`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is sad

This is sad
Can't believe the last box break posted was mine (Sport Kings, which is multi-sport) on 03/23.  Just shows how hard it is for us to find anything out there.  Going to be interesting when the Tri-Star show is here (Houston) in June.  I used to hit both shows every year for years.  Recently would only go once a year.  Think I went to the one early last year prior to pandemic.  Would usually try to find a couple of boxes to open, nothing real expensive.  And I would hit the singles looking for PC cards and good trade bait.  Have a feeling I will be sticking with the singles this year.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: This is sad
It's disappointing we can't enjoy the hobby like we used to. Hopefully, it'll blow over and things will return to normal and we can get our hands on a chance at Lawrence RC. It'll be singles for me, too, unless I get lucky and find either a fresh stock or leftover packs somewhere.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

I haven't seen any retail football in the wild until before Christmas.

And I'm not paying $1000 for a hobby box of Prizm that would have been a sketchy value buy at the MSRP of $150.

And $1200 for Optic - LOL! Really? $1200 - weren't those like $100 a couple of years ago - couldn't you find retail blasters of 2017 Optic on the shelves for a discounted price even after Patrick Mahomes into late 2019?

And $1400 for Select? I like Select, but really, good luck with that!

(04-09-2021, 08:26 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I haven't seen any retail football in the wild until before Christmas.

And I'm not paying $1000 for a hobby box of Prizm that would have been a sketchy value buy at the MSRP of $150.

And $1200 for Optic - LOL!  Really?  $1200 - weren't those like $100 a couple of years ago - couldn't you find retail blasters of 2017 Optic on the shelves for a discounted price even after Patrick Mahomes into late 2019?

And $1400 for Select?  I like Select, but really, good luck with that!
Yep.  I looked at some of the prices on Blowout yesterday.  Just ridiculous.  I would normally have 5-8 orders per year from Blowout.  Haven't made an order since Black Friday in 2018.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I've been thinking of trying to bargain shop on older boxes just to open something lol

I went to a local grocery store that used have blasters in the past , no football since Christmas. Saw a line of about 25 people in lawn chairs at the toy counter.  Found that most of there cards were being bought by employees and resold  to dealers immediately during covid. So store only sells once a week to the public with 2 boxes per item per customer. Turns out the first seven people but 2 of everything including non sports. Was sold out in 10 minutes.  Lots of pissed of people.
Really sad for sure. I have returned to vintage set building. Way less greed there.
Photobucket

(04-11-2021, 10:32 AM)sparty78 Wrote: I went to a local grocery store that used have blasters in the past , no football since Christmas. Saw a line of about 25 people in lawn chairs at the toy counter.  Found that most of there cards were being bought by employees and resold  to dealers immediately during covid. So store only sells once a week to the public with 2 boxes per item per customer. Turns out the first seven people but 2 of everything including non sports. Was sold out in 10 minutes.  Lots of pissed of people.
Really sad for sure. I have returned to vintage set building. Way less greed there.
Wow, RJ would've loved this lol

(04-11-2021, 10:49 PM)savagenate Wrote: Wow, RJ would've loved this lol
Apparently it's becoming very common for Target to only offer cards for sale at a certain time - usually 8:00 a.m. on Friday.

I guess its a way to try to limit the Retail Sharks from camping out (during a global pandemic) in the store and getting in fights.

Seriously pathetic - retail football usually isn't even worth buying at half price

(04-10-2021, 09:03 PM)savagenate Wrote: I've been thinking of trying to bargain shop on older boxes just to open something lol
Apparently even 2013 boxes have become expensive somehow