Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back after a near decade long hiatus...

Back after a near decade long hiatus...
Hi all,

I used to be a regular on this Beckett hockey forum about 10 years back. My profile reads "joined Feb-2018", but I know it was closer to 10 years ago.  I never really stopped collecting, just a question of life getting in the way.

As I look over the posts, it seems activity is a lot lighter than I recall it.  No offense to anyone, nor the site, but is Beckett still the primary reference for collectors?

Either way, I took on a couple of subscriptions to refresh pricing and added part of my collection to the "organize" page in hopes of making some trades at some point, but I don't have much in the way of needs.  I just typically scoop up anything that catches my eye with vintage game used Bruins player cards.  For the most part, I just intend to see what others are up to and participate in some discussions from time to time.

Thanks all.

RE: Back after a near decade long hiatus...
(04-04-2021, 09:32 AM)badbrewin Wrote: Hi all,

I used to be a regular on this Beckett hockey forum about 10 years back.  My profile reads "joined Feb-2018", but I know it was closer to 10 years ago.  I never really stopped collecting, just a question of life getting in the way.

As I look over the posts, it seems activity is a lot lighter than I recall it.  No offense to anyone, nor the site, but is Beckett still the primary reference for collectors?

Either way, I took on a couple of subscriptions to refresh pricing and added part of my collection to the "organize" page in hopes of making some trades at some point, but I don't have much in the way of needs.  I just typically scoop up anything that catches my eye with vintage game used Bruins player cards.  For the most part, I just intend to see what others are up to and participate in some discussions from time to time.

Thanks all.

Welcome back.

In my opinion, Beckett still provides a great starting point for discussions/trades. They price everything and give you a relative number between relatable items. Once you get a conversation started, the deal is up to the participants and what they can work out.
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

Beckett hockey forums is nowhere near what it used to be 10 years ago. A lot of folks left for various reasons; price of OPG, constant shut downs for maintenance, etc.
However, even through things have slowed way down, there are still quite a few people here that trade and post breaks. Beckett is one of the best sites out there for keeping track of my cards (the organize).

Welcome back!!!!

(04-04-2021, 09:32 AM)badbrewin Wrote: Hi all,

I used to be a regular on this Beckett hockey forum about 10 years back.  My profile reads "joined Feb-2018", but I know it was closer to 10 years ago.  I never really stopped collecting, just a question of life getting in the way.

Thanks all.
I went to view what you have listed for trade and nothing showed up.  Not sure if it is an issue on my end, your end, or Beckett's end.... If you get a chance, check out my org and see if you have interest in anything.

Hi guys,

Thanks for chiming in.  Look forward to being part of the gang once again.

As for putting up my trade list, last week I went in and indexed most of my collection and actually attached scans to every card.  How can I make that public or add to my trade list?

I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but could not figure that out.

Thanks

Welcome back to the site! Things have definitely changed, as there are only a small amount of members left. Still, you will find trades and discussions if you give it a shot.

As for your Organize, I checked it out and it looks like you don't have cards that you are looking to trade for, or away. In order to be able to trade through the Trade Tool you will have to look up the cards you want to add and select them to put into your Org. You will be prompted by a pop-up box to input how many cards you have, how many you would like to trade away, and/or how many you would like to trade for. Place at least a 1 in the corresponding box to input your intentions for said card. This will then put that card into your Org. with a determined desire for that card.

For example-let's say that you have/would like to find a Ray Bourque OPC RC.

1. If you have the card and are keeping it for your PC, look it up and click the little folder icon to the right of the description. The pop-up box will come into play, so place a 1 in the "Haves" column. Job done.

2. If you have the card and are looking to trade it away, place a 1 in the "Haves" column, and a 1 in the "Trade Away" column. This will place the card into your Org. and show it as available in the Trade Tool so that others can see and send offers.

3. If you are looking to trade for one, place a 1 in the "Wants" column, and a 1 in the "Trade For" column. This will see the card show up in the Trade Tool as a want on the other member's side, notated by a golden star beside the card.

There are many ways to customize your Org. as well, so experiment around and go with the organization style you like. You will see a small drop-down menu called "Default" under the "SEARCH COLLECTIONS" bar in your Org. You can either pick a format from the pre-styled selections, or you can click the "Choose Columns" option just under the drop-down menu. You can also create and name folder and collection in your Organize to further customize, and to arrange your cards as you see fit. Just remember that folders house collections, so you can place multiple collections in one folder. There is also a huge thread that the community created to help out with trading etiquette; storage solutions; and some general hobby ideas. I hope that this helps. Feel free to ask if you need, as there are many member that just enjoy giving a hand where they can.

Best wishes!

Randi

Welcome back to the hobby! Smile