`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Bowman Prospect Pool PP-25 Alec Bohm?

2020 Bowman Prospect Pool PP-25 Alec Bohm?
Hi gang, when looking to round out my Alec Bohm collection, came across this card and the name on the card is Alex Bohm, not Alec Bohm.   You can see the scans in the Beckett marketplace (2 cards - base & orange). Listed as Alec in the database.  Obviously an error, but is this just an uncorrected error that really has no additional value or should these carry a premium due to Alec's greatness....LOL.  Haven't seen a corrected version.  Thanks!
* Looking for Nick Bitsko non Stars and Stripes Cards

RE: 2020 Bowman Prospect Pool PP-25 Alec Bohm?
Phillies_Joe Wrote:Hi gang, when looking to round out my Alec Bohm collection, came across this card and the name on the card is Alex Bohm, not Alec Bohm.   You can see the scans in the Beckett marketplace (2 cards - base & orange). Listed as Alec in the database.  Obviously an error, but is this just an uncorrected error that really has no additional value or should these carry a premium due to Alec's greatness....LOL.  Haven't seen a corrected version.  Thanks!

My guess is that it's probably just an uncorrected error, though I haven't really looked.  I'm not sure but I feel like the card companies pump out a one and done print on a product and leave it at that with little to no quality control to the level of fixing that letter.  IF they fixed it, I imagine it just comes down to the math of it and how many of each were produced and pushed out the door.  Hopefully that made some sort of sense.

With that said, who knows?  If the guy turns out to be great it could still be a thing that draws people to it and possibly give it a premium.  I sometimes wonder if Frank Thomas turned out to be a dud, would anybody even know that there was the 1990 Topps no name on front card?