`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SCANS! Found Some Topps Series 1, Pulled Two Trout Autos

RE: SCANS! Found Some Topps Series 1, Pulled Two Trout Autos
rjcj2017 Wrote:They'd be pretty small once you trimmed around them, but yes, there are people that stupid that would buy them ... those "great new collectors" I keep hearing about and am supposed to give big hugs to.
Seeing some of the flat out counterfeit "tribute/RP/fasimilie autograph" cards that people are buying now, I could definitely see someone buying those after they they trimmed because I am starting to get the impression that people will buy literally anything.  Maybe they wouldn't even have to trim them - just put "MIKE TROUT PATCH AUTO MOJO HOT LOOK RP 1/1 FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!" and someone would pay way too much for it.

(03-05-2021, 03:53 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Maybe they wouldn't even have to trim them - just put "MIKE TROUT PATCH AUTO MOJO HOT LOOK RP 1/1 FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!" and someone would pay way too much for it.
Don't forgot "INVESTMENT GRADE".....................

ZSDOne Wrote:Seeing some of the flat out counterfeit "tribute/RP/fasimilie autograph" cards that people are buying now, I could definitely see someone buying those after they they trimmed because I am starting to get the impression that people will buy literally anything.  Maybe they wouldn't even have to trim them - just put "MIKE TROUT PATCH AUTO MOJO HOT LOOK RP 1/1 FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!" and someone would pay way too much for it.
Probably.  Afterall, someone just paid $69 million for an NFT JPEG.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

paulkellyjr Wrote:Probably.  Afterall, someone just paid $69 million for an NFT JPEG.
PT  Barnum’s quote rings as true today as it did back in the day and continues to be proven every minute going forward.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-13-2021, 11:14 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote:  ... pulled the “Through the Years” inserts of his 2009 Bowman Chrome and some other jersey auto reprint.
Speaking of Topps Through the Years inserts:  What's with some of these selling for high $$ on eBay?  Are buyers being duped, or am I missing something (like a SP version of these)?

While I am not sure about that particular insert, it just seems like everything in general is selling for a premium...

Hopefully someone else has some insight on the Through the Years inserts.

LOL, in honor of my Trout jersey card pull last weekend, I’m bumping this thread up because technically it was the closest I ever got before then.

I even mention my lack of luck in the 6th post.