`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Has anyone had eTopps cards graded?

Has anyone had eTopps cards graded?
I've sent some in, but waiting for results.  You'd think there's some valuable ones out there like Trout, Durant (Sonics), LeBron, etc.

RE: Has anyone had eTopps cards graded?
You'd think an eTopps card would be 9.5 or better since they are already encased.

(02-01-2021, 05:11 PM)tangledweb Wrote: You'd think an eTopps card would be 9.5 or better since they are already encased.
Just because an item is freshly produced never makes it "perfectly" produced.
For example- Topps is a candy company first and foremost. Its why any grading companies highly graded Topps cards are highly sought after. Their QC has been trash since the 1950's and still is depending on series. I've done over 500 eTopps cards with both major firms ( PSA & BGS) and lets say an 8 or 9 is more common than a Gem with all of them

Jeff

Wow, an 8 or a 9 would be a bummer, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
500 eTopps cards? That's crazy, man. Did you start with it from the beginning?
I wish i'd have avoided buying some of them, but they do look great in-hand.
Would love to get rid of all of mine, but Topps needs to make it cheaper to have them sent out.

Actually I sorta fell into eTopps because another friend ( Max) was heavily into as well is 6-7 other hobby people I knew. I just wanted my Clemens cards. Next thing I know I'm at the eTopps website. Rest is history including the "conventions". Let's just say the shipping charges never phased me I got all mine delivered. Besides " in hand" is always easier to sell than "may never see" as your aware lol Angel

I've learned over the years in the hobby that not everyone's a top level high dollar collector. There are more small fishes in the huge pond than there are big fish - to use a relatable term. I'm a guppy in a huge pond and enjoy it. And the 8 and 9 never bother me when I get them back. I just resell and try again. There's a huge secondary market for those items.

Jeff

I have over 400 cards still at the eTopps 'vault' so if there's enough people out there that still want them I might as well try to get something for them. I'd sell in bulk if I could because some of these players are real 'lemons' in the marketplace.

No more digital cards for this cat.

The key if u were in from beginning was to accumulate eTopps points which could be used for shipping.
80% of mine (200+) were shipped like so.

also my M. Trout came back a PSA 9..

(04-06-2021, 04:33 PM)picklepete Wrote: The key if u were in from beginning was to accumulate eTopps points which could be used for shipping.
80% of mine (200+) were shipped like so.

also my M. Trout came back a PSA 9..
 My Trout was also a BGS 9, but my LeBrons, Brady's, D. Wade's, Kobe's, Durant were 9.5's. 
 Could've retired if that Trout had been a pristine 10 LOL.