`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should I send it in?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
2 100.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS 9 -> 9.5 (Review)

BGS 9 -> 9.5 (Review)
So, I got this card (https://ibb.co/3SHM9D8) for a steal and noticed that the price jump from BGS 9 to PSA 9 was worth sending in for a crossover. PSA said it didn't meet their standards for a 9 (lol), which I'm assuming is due to the 8.5 subgrade. 

I didn't want to crack and submit in case they gave less because I'd lose money then. 

I'm so close to a BGS 9.5, anyone think it's worth a shot seeing if BGS would bump up the centering or surface to give it enough for a 9.5 or some other combo that gets it a 9.5.

RE: BGS 9 -> 9.5 (Review)
Seems like at least graders at two different companies agree there is something up with the surface that won't reach a PSA 9 or a BGS surface subgrade of 9. Personally with those subgrades I wouldn't risk it and presumably the previous owner didn't want to either.

jplarson Wrote:Seems like at least graders at two different companies agree there is something up with the surface that won't reach a PSA 9 or a BGS surface subgrade of 9.  Personally with those subgrades I wouldn't risk it and presumably the previous owner didn't want to either.
Good point...

I know with PSA you can put a minimum before the crack it open, does BGS offer similar? Just worried if I did send it and they felt it was still a 9, but worse subgrades then they'd crack it.

(01-26-2021, 12:38 AM)ysg23@hotmail.com Wrote: I know with PSA you can put a minimum before the crack it open, does BGS offer similar? Just worried if I did send it and they felt it was still a 9, but worse subgrades then they'd crack it.
Yes you can put a minimum overall grade on with a note to not crack if it doesn't hit a BGS 9.5 or better.