`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniform Change on Cards

Uniform Change on Cards
I liked that they changed the uniform this past year from Majestic to Nike if only for the fact that you can tell if the picture of the 2020 cards (and I am sure on 2021s when they come out) where taken in 2020 or an old photo from another year. I have a couple of collections where I try to get if possible pictures from a specific game (which sometimes pop up in Topps NOW), but at least from the year I am working on. And with the change in uniforms its fairly easy to tell (minus an awkward pose or something similar or the official airbrush job) whether the player is wearing a Majestic or Nike jersey. Even with Donruss who brush out everything except the "M" or "Swoosh." Well anyways I for one thought it was neat. Smile
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]

RE: Uniform Change on Cards
ohioarmy05 Wrote:I liked that they changed the uniform this past year from Majestic to Nike if only for the fact that you can tell if the picture of the 2020 cards (and I am sure on 2021s when they come out) where taken in 2020 or an old photo from another year. I have a couple of collections where I try to get if possible pictures from a specific game (which sometimes pop up in Topps NOW), but at least from the year I am working on. And with the change in uniforms its fairly easy to tell (minus an awkward pose or something similar or the official airbrush job) whether the player is wearing a Majestic or Nike jersey. Even with Donruss who brush out everything except the "M" or "Swoosh." Well anyways I for one thought it was neat. Smile
Never noticed or thought about that, will keep an eye out.

Regarding the uniform change to Nike from Majestic ... I definitely prefer the material that Majestic used over the Nike material. I don’t know how the professionals feel about the difference, but the Majestic fabric is slightly thicker and holds up to washing and wear better than Nike’s thinner, perspiration wicking fabric choice. I have some older Majestic jerseys that look brand new while my newest Nike jersey is starting to look shabby.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Heritage is famous for using a lot of old photo's. You can tell that a bunch are taken during spring training photo day. 2021 Heritage will have photo's from at least 2020......many sooner. Nice "catch" with the change. Personally, I use / purchase no Nike products.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.