`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting change on Ebay return policy

Interesting change on Ebay return policy
Today I got an email from Ebay that seems to indicate that buyers will no longer be able to do "remorse" returns in the sports cards category. That means no longer able to send card back because they changed their mind. Can return still file a damaged or not as described but at least this is small step in the right direction.

RE: Interesting change on Ebay return policy
Yes, a good thing.  The return policy was part of the Top Rated Sellers platform for discount etc..it was rolled into the program.  Now, you can still qualify for the Top Seller and not have to have a return for 30 days..which is basically the buyer remorse problem.

A good thing for sure

Dooshery at its finest.

Great.....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Back in the day when I was selling and buying on eBay all the time, I would often have transactions overlapping, meaning, buying a card and waiting for the funds to come in on a sale to pay for it.

Then eBay basically changed all the rules to effectively let the buyer do whatever the hell they wanted to, all the time, including the 30-day BS.

Like I'm going to wait 30 days to make sure they actually want to keep their card before I spend the money they paid me for it?

Yeah, no thanks.

I know the rest of the world is OK with dooshery, lack of accountability and self-respect and just letting it happen, but I'm not.

The sad part is that it happens ALL THE TIME.

Guys will pick up a card and either try to flip it or get a bump on a grade review. If they can't make either happen in 30 days, they simply return it for a refund. What eBay needs to go on any/all graded cards is allow for ONE WEEK upon tracking receipt. This is more than enough time for a buyer to legitimately file a "not as described" claim for return. But it prevents any attempt to flip or grade bump after the fact.

Secondly, eBay needs to eliminate PayPal's ability to refund up to 90 days through their system on eBay purchases. Yes it is the payment method. But any eBay purchase should fall under eBay return only. Otherwise, guys have up to three months to chargeback scam through PayPal.

rdeffley Wrote:The sad part is that it happens ALL THE TIME.

Guys will pick up a card and either try to flip it or get a bump on a grade review. If they can't make either happen in 30 days, they simply return it for a refund. What eBay needs to go on any/all graded cards is allow for ONE WEEK upon tracking receipt. This is more than enough time for a buyer to legitimately file a "not as described" claim for return. But it prevents any attempt to flip or grade bump after the fact.

Secondly, eBay needs to eliminate PayPal's ability to refund up to 90 days through their system on eBay purchases. Yes it is the payment method. But any eBay purchase should fall under eBay return only. Otherwise, guys have up to three months to chargeback scam through PayPal.
Yep, exactly why I quit selling altogether a couple of years ago. The sad thing is, I could make major cash right now but I don't want the hassle or the headache.

Like all things dooshy, I am just going to wait this out. Bad people doing bad business can't last forever.

I read on another forum today about how a lot of newbie card flippers that use PayPal as their way of paying and receiving payment are getting a huge shock when they see their PayPal tax form...

jbissell Wrote:I read on another forum today about how a lot of newbie card flippers that use PayPal as their way of paying and receiving payment are getting a huge shock when they see their PayPal tax form...
I sure hope so. If they're not going to bother researching what they're hoarding and flipping, why would they bother researching something as silly as tax liabilities?

LOL, every single one of these people deserve everything they have coming to them.

Karma does not think highly of dooshery.

Thirty days is a ridiculous amount of time in regards to cards.  It's even worse with Paypal and them piling another 30 days or so on top of that.  Aside from someone who requested to cancel their auction win a minute after the listing ending and them bidding two minutes before it ended, I've been lucky.  Cancelled some bidders bids and blocked them to prevent possible issues on a couple of others.  Very weary to list anything on ebay anymore.  Buying yes, selling I might be done with on there though.

Have some more stuff still to sell but found a selling app I'm going to give a shot on.  I sold one card on there already that had more views in a week than it did in two months on ebay and once the item is delivered, the buyer only has 3 days to request a refund before the funds are released to the seller.  Also purchased a card or two.  Only downside is the audience isn't anywhere near what ebay has.  Granted, if the listing just gets buried in ebay anyway it probably doesn't matter all that much.

On another note, do people not do scans of cards anymore?  I like those so much more than a pic taken with a phone from a few feet away, at an angle, and possibly with someone's fingers covering part of the card.