`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020-21 Upper Deck Fat Pack

2020-21 Upper Deck Fat Pack
Needed something to open and with no football available, bought a fat pack of 2020-21 UD.  Guess they don't put rookies in these.  Not that I would know who the rookies were (unless the card has the RC on it).  I haven't bought any Hockey since the mid-90's.  Pretty boring pack: 25 base cards an only 1 insert.  But based on the BV, I guess my insert was a decent one: Young Guns Canvas Philip Broberg (since I don't watch hockey, have no idea who he is).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: 2020-21 Upper Deck Fat Pack
dogger99 Wrote:Needed something to open and with no football available, bought a fat pack of 2020-21 UD.  Guess they don't put rookies in these.  Not that I would know who the rookies were (unless the card has the RC on it).  I haven't bought any Hockey since the mid-90's.  Pretty boring pack: 25 base cards an only 1 insert.  But based on the BV, I guess my insert was a decent one: Young Guns Canvas Philip Broberg (since I don't watch hockey, have no idea who he is).
Young Guns are the rookie cards. You pulled the insert for the rookies

OrrtoBourque Wrote:Young Guns are the rookie cards. You pulled the insert for the rookies
Thanks for the info.  Seen a lot of talk about the Young Guns, so I assumed it was an insert set.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

dogger99 Wrote:Thanks for the info.  Seen a lot of talk about the Young Guns, so I assumed it was an insert set.
The Young Gun is the legit rookie card. The canvas version is the insert

The canvas versions of the Young Guns are a lot harder to pull as well, and are usually worth more.

You did well, especially for one pack.

rjcj2017 Wrote:The canvas versions of the Young Guns are a lot harder to pull as well, and are usually worth more.

You did well, especially for one pack.
Shows you how desperate/bored I am.  Haven't bought Upper Deck Hockey since 1990-91.  And I bought 3 Donruss Racing fat packs as well.

dogger99 Wrote:Shows you how desperate/bored I am.  Haven't bought Upper Deck Hockey since 1990-91.  And I bought 3 Donruss Racing fat packs as well.
Upper Deck hockey is actually pretty good value, usually. I have hit almost all of the major Young Guns over the years and they usually book/sell/trade very well.