`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two O-Pee-Chee packs with Gretzky showing

Two O-Pee-Chee packs with Gretzky showing
What are the chances these are not resealed. I want them to be real but I'd need BBCE or someone to authenticate them first if I'm dropping that kind of cash on unopened packs.

https://ebay.to/3oJkIEx

What do you think they are worth if they are real?

RE: Two O-Pee-Chee packs with Gretzky showing
pootshwan Wrote:What are the chances these are not resealed. I want them to be real but I'd need BBCE or someone to authenticate them first if I'm dropping that kind of cash on unopened packs.

Whatever the price tag says!

pootshwan Wrote:What are the chances these are not resealed. I want them to be real but I'd need BBCE or someone to authenticate them first if I'm dropping that kind of cash on unopened packs.

I've busted more Topps than OPC in my lifetime, but I've never seen wax residue on the front surface - it's always on the backs. That's the first question I would have for someone more knowledgeable than me.

If they are real, graded packs usually only fetch ~$4k. Add a wax-stained Gretzky in it, it's hard to say how much it goes up. If they are real, they should be authenticated and slabbed.
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

rjcj2017 Wrote:Whatever the price tag says!
Meh...not really or someone would have bought them already..

pootshwan Wrote:Meh...not really or someone would have bought them already..
Wow, really?

I just might have been joking ... sorry it wasn't an eBay link so that you could understand it.

What I like is that the item description for the packs says 2 well centered Gretzky rookies. First, how do they know that unless the opened them. Second, O-Pee-chee had a history of off centered not equal size cards.

fred bear Wrote:I've busted more Topps than OPC in my lifetime, but I've never seen wax residue on the front surface - it's always on the backs. That's the first question I would have for someone more knowledgeable than me.

If they are real, graded packs usually only fetch ~$4k. Add a wax-stained Gretzky in it, it's hard to say how much it goes up. If they are real, they should be authenticated and slabbed.
I have seen wax residue on the fronts. It is possible to get it of the front if done correctly but does not seem to work on the back.

I am by no means an expert on the subject, but don't the cards usually face the other way in the packs? Shouldn't we be seeing the back of the cards not the front?
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

hckydv7 Wrote:What I like is that the item description for the packs says 2 well centered Gretzky rookies. First, how do they know that unless the opened them. Second, O-Pee-chee had a history of off centered not equal size cards.
Yea, selling tactics. I'm not even so sure they are legit.

jaykayzee Wrote:I am by no means an expert on the subject, but don't the cards usually face the other way in the packs? Shouldn't we be seeing the back of the cards not the front?
Wish I knew the answer to that.....