`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Box of 2020 Playoff - Back With a Vengence to "Burrow" a phrase

One Box of 2020 Playoff - Back With a Vengence to "Burrow" a phrase
I pretty much swore off football a few years back, I got sick of products being fluffed out with "Free Agents" and guys who don't make it out of camp. Add to that the ludacris prices of products now and it's been an easy pass.

Then Justin Herbert happened, and my inner childhood Chargers fan started screaming in my head.

I've still been more than good, but found myself at the Dave & Adams MegaStore yesterday to pick up, of all things, a Buffalo Bills AFC East Champs hat for my father. Hummed and Hawwed for a long while about buying a football box, and ended up with a box of 2020 Playoff Football. Slightly less expensive than the rest, I guess because it's old.

The store is kinda asking people to refrain from doing much opening in store to keep people and airflow circulating, so off to the car, and I drove out to the far corner of the parking lot.

A few packs in and I pulled a Herbert insert, so I at least had that I figured.

Here are the hits:

[Image: 50816788858_472e17fe1c_c.jpg]IMG_0002 by JayKayZee, on Flickr

[Image: 50817629562_2f67b3a669_c.jpg]IMG_0001 by JayKayZee, on Flickr

Slightly surprised both mem cards were not numbered...

The autos are better:

This a beautiful card n person:

[Image: 50817629107_c83ea1c0ce_c.jpg]IMG_0003 by JayKayZee, on Flickr
/99

Not too familiar with this guy, what's the feeling around him ??

Finally, I pulled this early in the break, and knew it was SOMETHING. 

At least this guy actually got drafted, not called n later..

Ended up driving back up to the store to grab a one touch for it.

Showed it to the kid working the counter and he said "Pretty good, too bad he's injured"

VERY pleasantly surprised at the online listing prices for similar cards...

To "Burrow" a catchphrase...

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!

[Image: 50816788233_19c0755fbd_c.jpg]IMG_0004 by JayKayZee, on Flickr

Thoughts?
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: One Box of 2020 Playoff - Back With a Vengence to "Burrow" a phrase
Holy cow! How'd you get that out of box of Playoff lol. That is an amazing card! And a nice box (or 2?) worth of hits! The TE might be good going forward. Burrow is, well Burrow. You're talking a lottery ticket there now, or get it graded and hold it in the hopes he turns into the next big star...but man, what a hit! Congrats!

THanks! I did some research, and it seems Panini inserted these "Rookie Ticket Previews" of the top picks into Playoff! There's actually 3 different color foil parallels - Red, Green, and Blue - all numbered to 10 in Burrows case.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

jaykayzee Wrote:THanks! I did some research, and it seems Panini inserted these "Rookie Ticket Previews" of the top picks into Playoff! There's actually 3 different color foil parallels - Red, Green, and Blue - all numbered to 10 in Burrows case.
Interesting!

Wow dude. You got a AMAZING box of playoff. The box I bought had 2 base auto's of whothefuck Are you? And the base autos are basically a "sticker" auto on top of a base card. Very dissapointing. But that Burrow... wow. That is absolutely beautiful. If your thinking about getting another box of playoff DON'T lol. You could probably open 10 cases of the stuff and not get a better box then you bought right there.

The downside though... and I speak from experience. The first card pack/box I bought in 25 years was a box of 2020 origens - one of two boxes the little shop had left - and pulled a Herbert RPA w/ a beautiful 4 color patch.

Now you're hooked! Haha Smile
PC: Any and all Lions!  ++Calvin ++Stafford ++Galloday ++Swift    +Tomlinson +Brunell    ++memorabilia/autos/RC