`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pair of Amazing Antique Shop Pick-Ups Today! 72 and At Least 41 Years Old!

A Pair of Amazing Antique Shop Pick-Ups Today! 72 and At Least 41 Years Old!
Today I was feeling bold after my decent Goodwill haul yesterday so I decided to visit a few antique shops in my city and wouldn't you know it, I came across a couple of very cool vintage hockey items I had to have. I was hoping for good cards as well, but with common penny singles at those places being listed for $6-$8 per card, and Pro Set boxes at $70 per box, I passed and was happy with what I got instead. 

The first item I picked up is an original 1947-48 Edmonton Flyers team photo. A few names from that team also had decent NHL careers including goalie Al Rollins, Gordon Buttrey, Doug Anderson, Bud McPherson, and Louis Holmes. The original owner of the team photo even made their own notes on the 1948 playoffs on the back which also adds a cool bit of history to it. 

The second is a 1970s Syl Apps Jr. game used stick that he utilized with the Pittsburgh Penguins or LA Kings. That's right, a player game used item! I got a deal I was very happy to pay for both! 

[Image: DWLmpY8.jpg] 

[Image: 6DknwAJ.jpg] 
[Image: HHPuv3D.jpg] 
[Image: ZlRwb5T.jpg] 
[Image: GLWCYsC.jpg] 
[Image: GqJQOf8.jpg]

RE: A Pair of Amazing Antique Shop Pick-Ups Today! 72 and At Least 41 Years Old!
Very cool finds!

RE: A Pair of Amazing Antique Shop Pick-Ups Today! 72 and At Least 41 Years Old!
Wow!

I can't even imagine finding a game-used stick. I've seen a ton of the $70 Pro Set boxes... LOL
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

Amazing Pickups.
Always looking for Oiler Cards.  
Currently have 17k + different Oilers Cards
Other Projects
Black Diamond up to 14-15 SPs 
Need 18 McDonald Inserts
Need 5 OPC 09-10 Canadian Heroes Rainbow
Need 5 OPC 12-13 Popups
Need 6 97-98 Donruss Preferred
Need 2 02-03 Topps Heritage
All wants listed in org

I was trying to look up Syl Apps to try and help you put a better time frame on that stick, but it looks like he used the same model his entire career! He wore 26 in Pittsburgh so 1970-1977. Definitely not like now where companies change the graphics and models every year on twigs.

Neat finds