`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Contenders Draft Picks

2020 Contenders Draft Picks
I wanted to get a holiday treat for myself and this was the cheapest football box my local LCS had, LOL.  Even though I think it was almost as expensive as the price I found too expensive back whenever it was released.  2020, everyone.

With 6 autographs, maybe I could get something decent.  Maybe.

We start with the two  autographs of undrafted free agent rookie wide receivers that every COntenders Draft Pick box has:

1) Tony Brown - now on Washington Football Team Practice Squad

2) Stephen Guildry - priority UDFA to Dallas - but he opted out of the season due to COVID so he will try to compete for a roster spot next year, I guess

Then we have two tight ends

3) Dalton Keene - third round pick for the Patriots - seems to have been injured most of the year

4) Harrison Bryant - fourth rounf pick to the Browns - he also got the award for best tight end in college football last year

Then we have a top ten draft pick defensive player

5) Derrick Brown Bowl Ticket /99 - 7th overall pick to Carolina

And then the third dual autograph card I have ever pulled:

An Ohio State Dual autograph /23

6) J.K. Dobbins - 2nd Round Running Back to Baltimore
K.J. Hill - 7th Round Wide Out to Los Angeles Chargers (I am a bit surprised they didn't put Dobbins with Chase Young to be perfectly honest)

I think its very safe to say that Dobbins and Hill are not going to match the career achievement of the pair on the first dual autograph pull - or the value since it came from a $20 Blaster Box:

2010 Topps Magic:  Ronnie Lott/Patrick Willis /25 (I am expecting that Willis will get the call to the Hall of Fame this year to join Lott - even with the early retirement, he was absolutely dominant)

Dobbins and Hill might be able to beat the career achievement of the second pair though:

2017 Sage Autograph: College/NFL Rushing Leaders - Donnell Pumphrey/Ezekial Elliot /5 (Hill has actually played in an NFL game which puts him above Pumphrey - but I am not sure that Baltimore's committee approach will allow Dobbins to lead the NFL in rushing like Elliot did)

The numbered card I got was Jacobi Myers /5 - an UDFA wide out from last year (and yes, last year I got one of his autos frm Contenders Draft Picks, because it is always your go to product for UDFA wide outs)

As far as base and inserts, I got the Herbets/Burrows/Tuas you'd want to see - especially since that will be likely all I get of the product.

RE: 2020 Contenders Draft Picks
Not a bad box at all! At least without looking at the price haha! I think Bryant will have a nice career. He's already getting work in Cleveland even though he's 3rd on the depth chart. Derrick Brown has been a beast in the run game. I'm sure you could get a nice trade for that one! And Dobbins and Hill...tough to say. I like Dobbins, and think he will be the guy for a few years. Ingram will probably be on the way out after this year in my opinion. So imo, not a bad box! Sounds like a fun one! Congrats!

Dobbins, as yesterday shows definitely has the talent to become a top running back - the question is whether he will get the opportunity in Baltimore which has always been a RBBC team.

savagenate Wrote:Not a bad box at all! At least without looking at the price haha! I think Bryant will have a nice career. He's already getting work in Cleveland even though he's 3rd on the depth chart. Derrick Brown has been a beast in the run game. I'm sure you could get a nice trade for that one! And Dobbins and Hill...tough to say. I like Dobbins, and think he will be the guy for a few years. Ingram will probably be on the way out after this year in my opinion. So imo, not a bad box! Sounds like a fun one! Congrats!
Fun note - in my three hangers of Playoff the other day, I got a Hunter Bryant RC with Harrison Bryant's name on it.