`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I managed to treat myself..

I managed to treat myself..
I haven't opened anything since last Christmas i think. I really had the itch, so I decided to see if there was anything I could afford. They won't be here until Christmas (hopefully they make it!). I managed to snag a box of 2015 Draft Picks Prizms, hoping for a nice Melvin Gordon, but the only other box I could find that was in my price range I had to go back to 2006! Hoping to hit a nice Bush for Pudge Smile But it should be fun to open and I got them both for $150 shipped. Money I didn't really have, but it's Christmas right? lol. I'll post updates when I open them. I wanted to give you guys a heads up, there are some boxes out there, you just really have to dig deep to find reasonable pricing! To be continued...

RE: I managed to treat myself..
The crazy inflated prices of football, baseball and basketball boxes have caused me to go with hockey products in 2020. I have opened no football this year, one baseball blaster in April and no basketball since November 2019. I just cannot bring myself to pay the prices for one box of those three sports when I can get more bang for my buck with hockey. I have always loved opening hockey so the transition to hockey only was easy. Football cards have always dominated my collection but that is slowly fading.

ahvjr Wrote:The crazy inflated prices of football, baseball and basketball boxes have caused me to go with hockey products in 2020. I have opened no football this year, one baseball blaster in April and no basketball since November 2019. I just cannot bring myself to pay the prices for one box of those three sports when I can get  more bang for my buck with hockey. I have always loved opening hockey so the transition to hockey only was easy. Football cards have always dominated my collection but that is slowly fading.
Agreed ... I usually feel like I good get value out of hockey stuff.

ahvjr Wrote:The crazy inflated prices of football, baseball and basketball boxes have caused me to go with hockey products in 2020. I have opened no football this year, one baseball blaster in April and no basketball since November 2019. I just cannot bring myself to pay the prices for one box of those three sports when I can get  more bang for my buck with hockey. I have always loved opening hockey so the transition to hockey only was easy. Football cards have always dominated my collection but that is slowly fading.
Really? I never really though about hockey...I should check them out. I don't know who'd I'd collect though. I'm a casual Wild fan, but I'm not a huge fan of anyone on the team right now. I did start the 2013/14 NT Century Materials base set to go along with my football sets though. Just grabbing cheap cards as they pop up when I feel like it.

The boxes came today...it's going to be hard to wait until Christmas to open them, but I can do it!

Today is the day! I can hardly wait!

This is by far the longest box break tease ever!

Alright to end the tease! Haha. I meant to take video and pictures, but got neither, as my phone is broken. So, I'll add more tease and add pictures later on...maybe :p

Let's start with the 2015 Prizm Draft Picks. The only thing this box was good for was laughs...it being 2020, it only made sense that my old nemesis, Vince Mayle, would make not ONE, but TWO appearances in the box!
So here's some of the notables:

Vet-
Tom Brady base

Silvers (not valued like today's silvers lol)
Andy Dalton
Khalil Mack
Kevin White
Carson Palmer

Colors:
Buck Allen Camo /199
Carson Palmer Stained Glass

Inserts:
Justin Gilbert All American Silver
Eric Kendricks D-Fence silver
VINCE MAYLE helmet silver

Autos x2
VINCE MAYLE base silver
Shane Carden base silver

I couldn't get mad about the Vince Mayle, I just laughed...maybe a bit crazily lol. It was fun to open, but not a single card worth trading or selling or collecting for me. If anyone needs one, let me know, and I'll add it to the org.

The next box was 2006 Fleer Hot Prospects. I didn't have any hopes for this box, it was just cheap and I thought I could afford to open it. It's a rookie focused product for bigger hits. I ended up really enjoying it!

Lots of base Vets, including names like Favre, Manning, Alex Smith, Marvin Harrison, Tony Gonzalez, and Brian Urlacher.

Inserts:
Isaac Bruce Retrospective /699
Keenan McCardell Retrospective /699
Ryan Moats Retrospective /699

Rookie inserts:
Jeff Webb /1150 (Holy cow!)
Davin Joseph, G, /1150

Parallel:
David Carr Red /50

Hits:
Charles Rodgers Retrospective Jersey, Game used, not numbered
Tye Hill-CB- Rookie auto /299

Next was probably THE hit to have that year, albeit high numbered:
Mario Williams Quad Jersey/auto /999. Nice looking card.
The coolest card, and last hit, is :
Jerious Norwood Rooke auto quad materials (football) /99.

I wasn't expecting 2 autos, so that was really cool! There was plenty to make it a fun box to open! The Norwood football relic is pretty sweet looking!

So all in all, it was a fun, and funny break! I don't know that any of it is worth trading, but if you are interested, let me know and I'll add it to my org.

Sorry Pudge, no Bush :/