`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting back into the hobby-20-21 series 1 break share and questions

Getting back into the hobby-20-21 series 1 break share and questions
Hey everyone, I used to be into the hobby about 14 or so years ago just enough to collect a few cards (about as much as a 15 year old me could afford) of my fav team (canucks) and fav player at the time (luongo). Made a few trades on hobby insider (cant remember my login). 
I may have been bitten by the bug again and caught the Lafrenière craze because I've gotten back into the hobby this month.

My local card shop ordered a few hobby boxes in so I managed. to get my hands on two the other day which I already opened and one today(I had to go back for more).

Today's box was definitely one hell of a ride as the box pulled a complete u turn in the final packs.

The first 20 packs I pulled the following
Young guns                 Dazzlers

Johansson                        Aho
Kraut
Bowers
Alexeyev
Lindstrom 

Canvas                       Worldwide
Pageau                          Pastaman
Ristolainen                   Tatar sauce
Marchessault
Heiskanen

Portraits.                  Debut Dates
Draisaitl                        Samsanov
Rask
Chabot
Liljegren(rookie)

Rookie Retro             Predominant
Adam Fox                      Tatar sauce
                                    Seth Jonnes

At this point I was completely defeated. All of the canvas was. the same as I had just pulled from the box before this!!!! There is no denying this box so far was pure hot dog water with the best pull being the Aho dazzler and rookie Portraits. I was really scared to finish off this box but the last four packs carried on like this.

Mikael Backlund Clear cut Base
[Image: Z6RkK5w.jpg]

Then the hit of the box the Laffy
[Image: dhqvilN.jpg]

Then a Mcdavid Exclusives 14/100
[Image: RcdxIEm.jpg]

I finished off with an Adam Fox French Variant and was overcome with relief as the last four packs saved the box. 
Overall I think I did well from the three boxes I opened but without the Lafreniere or Mcdavid I would likely have found this final box as satisfying as opening a box of 90-91. I for some reason remember hitting a lot more numbered cards and jerseys in 05-06 but I was opening retail packs i'm pretty sure. 

I definitely have rounded corners on the Laf if you zoom in, is it worth bugging UD about this with what seems like so many rounded corner YG's out there, do they replace stuff like this. There is also QC issues on other cards like the clear cut base and a Clear cut Dipietro rookie I got from my first box looks like trash with the foil flaking off. I look at my YG's from the first boxes and they all have crisp corners It's literally just the Laf with round corners....WTH is going on here. 

Notable hits from my first boxes which were more varied include

Debut Dates Jersey Mikheyev-white
UD Game Jersey Will Karlsson- It's white but has a cool indentation in the jersey(cant figure out where on the jersey this is from.
Portrait rookies-Kraut,Robertson(jason)
French Variant-Tukka
Pink Dazzlers- Carter Hart (these cards are cool)
YG-Canvas Liljegren
Predominant-Mcdavid
Clear cut Young Gun-  Dipietro
Rookie retro-Makar
YG- Nick Robertson
YG-French- Pavel Francouz

Overall I'm pretty happy minus the QC issues with the cards. There is another box at the shop....should I pick it u to hold onto and sell for stupid prices in the future like 15-16  Big Grin !!!!

Thanks for reading everyone. Also I think I'm going to chase down the YG clear cuts I really like the look of the clear cuts even though mine is f'd up.

RE: Getting back into the hobby-20-21 series 1 break share and questions
Those are some really nice pulls. Congrats.

Congrats on the Laffy ... do you by any chance have a pic of the Karlsson jersey?

I am a Knights fan and have been looking for one.

Thanks!

One corner is showing a bit of white but it's not terrible. I can PM you more detailed pics if you want. Wrote:Congrats on the Laffy ... do you by any chance have a pic of the Karlsson jersey?

I am a Knights fan and have been looking for one.

Thanks!
[Image: U9WyUSC.jpg]

A little bit of white showing on one corner but not too bad, I can pm you more pics if you want.

loudyn@hotmail.com Wrote:[Image: U9WyUSC.jpg]

A little bit of white showing on one corner but not too bad, I can pm you more pics if you want.
PM sent!

Congrats great pulls at the end.
Always looking for Oiler Cards.  
Currently have 17k + different Oilers Cards
Other Projects
Black Diamond up to 14-15 SPs 
Need 18 McDonald Inserts
Need 5 OPC 09-10 Canadian Heroes Rainbow
Need 5 OPC 12-13 Popups
Need 6 97-98 Donruss Preferred
Need 2 02-03 Topps Heritage
All wants listed in org

Pulled a Laffy of my own out of retail yesterday!

Did you by any chance see my PM about the Karlsson?

Thanks!

RJ