`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Box of 2019-20 Chronology Volume 2. I Got An Autographed Letterman Card!

One Box of 2019-20 Chronology Volume 2. I Got An Autographed Letterman Card!
Today I decided to try out the second volume of Upper Deck Chronology. I was one of the few people who loved the first edition so I still wanted to try this one out despite the controversy behind the Letterman cards this year. Essentially, UD changed the material from fabric to a styrene plastic in the Letterman cards due to COVID reasons and manufacturer difficulties. I pulled a low numbered autographed version and I tell you, I don't hate it, it actually presents quite cleanly, so I don't hate them. They look better in person than in an image.

[Image: 6txnqYO.jpg]

The video of the break:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSwTnm9m...e=youtu.be

Thanks for your view!

RE: One Box of 2019-20 Chronology Volume 2. I Got An Autographed Letterman Card!
The plastic is probably cheaper than the fabric ... and COVID is irrelevant because either piece requires shipping and handling to and from the player to be signed, so I'm going with "cheaper" as the real reason.

Between that and the extremely shoddy card stock they've been using with the all of the 2020-21 products, I wouldn't be surprised if they are having money issues.

Next will come a reduction in products, and then maybe an online component that replaces at least retail altogether.

And if that doesn't work, UD goes bankrupt and then bye bye.

For what it's worth, I actually think the plastic looks better because the signature doesn't blotch out into the fabric.

Case in point ... this Reggie Bush Letterman auto from back in the day:

[Image: Reggie.jpg]