`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Turnaround times changing?

BGS Turnaround times changing?
Hi, maybe someone is able to answer this. So I submitted cards for grading (standard 10-day) on September 8th. I got an email on September 28. So far so good. Now at the time I got my cards in, the turnaround time was estimated 8-10 weeks. Since then, the turnaround time has moved to 12 weeks+, and now today I noticed it says 16 weeks+. I'm hoping my order will be honored as 8-10 weeks, since that was the time I got it in. I mean, had I known it would be 16+ weeks, I probably would've changed my decision. And I'm aware it could go past 10 weeks...it's been a little over 9 weeks since the email. My question is if my order is honored using the 8-10+ turnaround week since that was the time they were submitted? Or if as the rules change, so does my order? I don't want to appear as whiny since I've seen a lot of people waiting super long just to get an email! I'd be pleased if it came before Jan! Good luck to all..

RE: BGS Turnaround times changing?
Any answer I could give you as a fellow grading hobbyist would be strictly bitter opinion, but with people blowing up the submissions with bulk 2 and 5 day, anything "below" those time frames gets pushed back. Tack on they still have to abide by social distancing guidelines in the workplace which also affects their effectiveness in grading in a timely manner (plus the shut down that happened in the spring).

So yeah, you subbed a 10 day but with every Tom, Rick, and Harry in the hobby subbing 50 card 2 days once a week, how are they supposed to get to your cards, much less lower end submitters like me that does 30 day and Non-guaranteed stuff just to protect my stuff?
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: BGS Turnaround times changing?
y2hood Wrote:Any answer I could give you as a fellow grading hobbyist would be strictly bitter opinion, but with people blowing up the submissions with bulk 2 and 5 day, anything "below" those time frames gets pushed back. Tack on they still have to abide by social distancing guidelines in the workplace which also affects their effectiveness in grading in a timely manner (plus the shut down that happened in the spring).

So yeah, you subbed a 10 day but with every Tom, Rick, and Harry in the hobby subbing 50 card 2 days once a week, how are they supposed to get to your cards, much less lower end submitters like me that does 30 day and Non-guaranteed stuff just to protect my stuff?
I appreciate the response. I wasn’t aware of the bulk submissions. I used to send into BGS 10 years ago and it was A LOT different back then. Much cheaper and on time. What I find interesting is since I’ve been waiting for my 10-day to come back, I’ve submitted two 2-day w/o subs and both orders were taken care of lightning quick. Weird. Yeah, I’m not a high end guy either...only sent 7 cards to finish off my PC to sit on. Although in that 10-day is a Freddie Freeman superfractor 2011 Bowman platinum...which would be one of my higher end stuff. Good luck on your submissions (if you’re also waiting)...