`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Rookies and Stars - Hobby

2020 Rookies and Stars - Hobby
I stopped by the LCS near my house - he got in a box of Rookies and Stars - and while it was still at least twice what it should have cost, it was the cheapest football box so why not?

Why not indeed?  

Autograph 1 - C.J. Henderson - Jacksonville Cornerback /99 optic looking - a Florida Gator for my p.c.  neat card 

Autgraph 2 - Josh Kelly - Chargers RB /199 - regular looking - I've goten hardly any 2020 footbal - and this is the second Kelly autograph I've gotten.  At least he scored a touchdown yesterday, so there is that.

Relic 1 - Van Jefferson dual patch /25 - another Gator, how nice.

Relic 2 - Marquise "Hollywood" Brown /199 - you know, Brown is neither a rookie nor much of a star - apparently they didn't pay much attention to their name

Numbered

Highlight was an optichrome Jerry Juedy /35 - another neat looking card. 

Terry Bradshaw /75 was the other optichrome card

nothing else stood out enough for me to remember

Inserts

Winning Tickets - Joe Burrows, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, DeShon Watson, Kyler Murray - very solid line up of these - I guess these are the most common insert 

Action Packed - Fletcher Cox 

TD Something or the other - Patrick Mahomes

Rookie Rush - Justin Herbert 

Notable rookie base:

Tua

In all, this wouldn't have been a bad box at $100 - at $200, it was pretty awful

But its probably the last 2020 hobby box I'll get - I think that Rookies and Stars was the last "cheap" hobby product and everything else is likely to be over $300.  And since I avoid big box stores like the plague during the Christmas rush even when there isn't a pandemic, it might be the last 2020 football I get

addition: (and even at $200 which is not a good value price at all, it still sells out for 7 minutes from Panini direct - LOL!)

RE: 2020 Rookies and Stars - Hobby
I picked up four hangers and eight jumbos at Target the other day and did very well:

3 Burrow RCs
2 Tua RCs
1 Herbert RC
2 Okudah RCs - in Lions uniform, not spandex!
Burrow Rookie Ticket
Tua Rookie Ticket
Burrow Rookie Rush
D'Andre Swift Rookie Rush
D'Andre Swift Chrome card of some type
CeeDee Lamb Chrome card of some type
Donovan Peoples-Jones auto - Michigan PC
Anthony Gordon auto
3 Tompa Bay base
1 Cam Newton Patriots base

I believe the hangers were $15 and the jumbos were $12, so all told I spent roughly $170 ... very pleased!

rjcj2017 Wrote:I picked up four hangers and eight jumbos at Target the other day and did very well:

3 Burrow RCs
2 Tua RCs
1 Herbert RC
2 Okudah RCs - in Lions uniform, not spandex!
Burrow Rookie Ticket
Tua Rookie Ticket
Burrow Rookie Rush
D'Andre Swift Rookie Rush
D'Andre Swift Chrome card of some type
CeeDee Lamb Chrome card of some type
Donovan Peoples-Jones auto - Michigan PC
Anthony Gordon auto
3 Tompa Bay base
1 Cam Newton Patriots base

I believe the hangers were $15 and the jumbos were $12, so all told I spent roughly $170 ... very pleased!
Obviously the best way to get the base/rookie cards - you get a whole lot more of the rookie cards in retail - and you really only missed the numbered parallels - I guess the jersey cards as well, which are basically junk anyway probably some of the inserts as well - you got two autographs - are the retail autos numbered?

ZSDOne Wrote:Obviously the best way to get the base/rookie cards - you get a whole lot more of the rookie cards in retail - and you really only missed the numbered parallels - I guess the jersey cards as well, which are basically junk anyway probably some of the inserts as well - you got two autographs - are the retail autos numbered?
Both of the autos were numbered, and I did get a jersey card but can't for the life of me remember who it was ... clearly it made a big impact, LOL

rjcj2017 Wrote:Both of the autos were numbered, and I did get a jersey card but can't for the life of me remember who it was ... clearly it made a big impact, LOL
That is how I feel about non-Eagles or a player from one of the college teams I collect cards.

Who cares?

It is absurd that Panini is charging $200 a box for Rookies and Stars hobby - it seems to offer very little (other than the numbered parallels) that isn't in the retal.

I guess I should have supported my LCS by buying another box of Allen & Ginter (I already got the case hit from Goodwin Champions, LOL)

Congrats on the PC pulls!
Rodgers/ Nelson combo cards
SB MVPs
Prizm Patented Penmanship autos 2016 (11/40)
Burfict Plates and rainbows
Nick Collins
Chasers:
Bernie Kosar NT CM 2012 /25
Bart Starr NT CM 2012 /99
A. Rodgers Playoff 2016 parallels
https://www.flickr.com/photos/savagenate/
Rumble/YT-budgetcollector99

savagenate Wrote:Congrats on the PC pulls!
Thanks man!

Oh wait, were you talking to him? LOL